hf1

Please Help :(

My avatar
CherryPie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Please Help :(

Postby CherryPie » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:49 pm

I'm having SO much trouble changing Reuben's nappies and getting him dressed. I just wondered if this was normal? He starts off trying to roll over (and crawl off!) so I try to turn him back and he gets so so angry with me and just keeps trying to roll over/crawl off. Some times it can be so stressful :( especially if we have a "code brown" nappy! He's the same with dressing, it's like he's got no patience. I have tried every thing to distract him, toys, singing, coo-ing, the only thing that will keep him there is pulling on my hair or my necklace which he finds hilarious - which when I'm desperate I let him do but this isn't ideal! But DH insists this isn't normal and keeps comparing Reuben to other babies who 'never did that!!' and it's really upsetting me :cry: Any tips would be great or just reasurrance that this is normal?? Will it ever stop? xx

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Please Help :(

Postby Soupdragon » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:58 pm

Completely normal. Unfortunately. :giggle: :hug: Iris was the same - used to drive me insane. I found it handy to keep a ball of rolled up sellotape near the changing mat - I'd give it to Missy and she'd spend the nappy change unsticking it from hand to hand.

My avatar
CherryPie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby CherryPie » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:01 am

*Starts rolling up a ball of Cellotape* - Right I'm gunna try that with the morning change! Thanks for the tip :) Fingers crossed that'll keep him occupied. So glad it's normal - other half was beginning to make me think Reuben was REALLY naughty! xx

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:02 am

:hug: :hug: never had that issue with nappies or changing when they are wee but Gracie does like to fart about now getting dressed, we just leave her til she is ready or get her to help out by putting on her pants vest etc, if we need to get her dressed to go out she is easliy reasoned with but she is older now. x

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:04 am

My ds started doing this at around 1 and still does it now :( I hate changing him these days as he rolls away and wont stay still. The only thing that worked for a small time was singing the frog song so he had to look at my stupid faces but now that doesnt work either. I have tried cellotape, stickers on the backs of his hands. Last week I bought pull ups as after 9 months of stressful nappy changes I stood him up and pulled his nappy up which he tolerated much better.

No cure though!

My avatar
cumbrianlass
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby cumbrianlass » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:10 am

Soupdragon wrote:Completely normal. Unfortunately. :giggle: :hug: Iris was the same - used to drive me insane. I found it handy to keep a ball of rolled up sellotape near the changing mat - I'd give it to Missy and she'd spend the nappy change unsticking it from hand to hand.

I didn't read this properly at first, saw the reference to sellotape and was :shock:

:giggle:

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:12 am

Forgot to say, we also have a rabbitts changing mat - it was very handy when Iris was especially wriggly. And you can also fasten popper nappies and pull them on while your LO is standing.

Sellotape could be used in place of the rabbitts. :hohoho:

My avatar
CherryPie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby CherryPie » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:16 am

Soupdragon wrote:Forgot to say, we also have a rabbitts changing mat - it was very handy when Iris was especially wriggly. And you can also fasten popper nappies and pull them on while your LO is standing.

Sellotape could be used in place of the rabbitts. :hohoho:

Oooooo why didn't I think of that? By the time it comes to putting the new nappy on he's screaming with frustration so that'll work for sure! :wine:

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby little1 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:33 am

I have the exact same problem with DD (13 months).

i have to give her my car keys to play with while i deal with the dirty nappy and as others mentioned I usually end up putting her nappy on with her standing up and adjust it tighter once its on.

most nights i end up with an escapee naked baby running round her bedroom :giggle:

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler