hf1

*dy GP long post

My avatar
tracedw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

*dy GP long post

Postby tracedw » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:44 pm

Conan hasnt been well for a few weeks now, the usual winter bugs going around plus D@V, was ok for a few days and then started coughing on Wednesday ,he had a rough night and was shallow breathing and a temp that i couldnt bring down with calpol so took him to the docs yesterday afternoon.
The doctor took his temp , listened to his chest and said she couldnt rule out Pnuemonia, so sent me with a letter to hospital (40 mins drive away) for a further assessment and chest x-ray.
Waited 3 hrs to be seen in the PAU , by which time he was really not well, the doctor looked in his mouth and said he had got tonsilitis with pus. :cry: :cry:
The GP NEVER LOOKED IN HIS MOUTH , im so angry , he could have been given anti-b's at 3pm not 8.30pm in hosp.
I had to get someone to pick the older boys up after school and mind them until i got back, what i waste of everyones time . DH said i should write a letter of complaint to the GP surgery, :x you would think looking in his mouth would be a first check, she didnt check his ears or neck glands either.
I am trying not to blame myself, i should have picked her up on it, but as soon as she mentioned Pneumonia every thing else went out of the window :(

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: *dy GP long post

Postby zoeyboo » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:56 pm

Firstly :hug: :hug: :hug:

and Yes you should definately complain, that is awful!!!!

Don't blame yourself at all :hug: you did exactly the right thing recognising he was ill & taking him to the Dr who is supposed to be the expert in what's wrong ... the GP failed in his/her duty not you at all :hug:

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:58 pm

zoeyboo wrote:Firstly :hug: :hug: :hug:

Don't blame yourself at all :hug: you did exactly the right thing recognising he was ill & taking him to the Dr who is supposed to be the expert in what's wrong ... the GP failed in his/her duty not you at all :hug:

WSS. :hug: :hug: :hug: Def write a letter of complaint.

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:30 pm

choccylisa wrote:
zoeyboo wrote:Firstly :hug: :hug: :hug:

WSS. :hug: :hug: :hug: Def write a letter of complaint.

i ageere with zoey and lisa

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:36 pm

:hug: :hug: Poor wee man :(

You would have thought that they would follow a mental check-list to rule out all the possibilities wouldn't you. Whenever I take my kids with high temps they check chest, ears, mouth and wee before deciding what it is. I would complain for sure because its's not really a mis-diagnosis (Dr's do make mistakes and we all accept that), it's more a case of just not looking at the patient properly.

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:12 pm

Yes that is awful and I don't blame you for being cross. When I've had the boys at the GP's for anything, they always check glands, throat, ears etc just in case.

Really hope your little man is well again soon :hug:

Return to Baby and Toddler