hf1

Gracie's Speech

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Gracie's Speech

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:30 pm

:wine: finally she is getting there, typically as her speech assessment is through for next month, she will pretty much repeat anything you say to her now and is asking for things like "jiuce, bubble bath, DS :oops: , etc" I am so pleased for her, she isn't conversational yet (but she understands totally everything, knows her colours, numbers and letters) but she will get there. I felt so sad for her when she wasn't talking and it took a while for me to realise that there wasn't a problem she just has delayed speech.

Yay Gracie

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Gracie's Speech

Postby twinkletot » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:34 pm

:wine: :wine:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:35 pm

thats fab xxx

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:37 pm

Yay, that's fab. Isaac doesn't say as much as Jonah did at the same age but he is trying lots of words now but I don't worry. Well done Gracie :wine:

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:39 pm

:wine: Go Gracie! Alana was exactly the same though hun, and she's gone from calling everything "bass" ( - NO idea where she got that word from :hohoho: ) to suddenly calling everything by the right word and she can now count to 20 :shock: This is only really since she turned 3 and started preschool 11 months ago, both Steven and Kellan have been talkers from 14 months but she just wasn't interested at all. Maybe it's a girl thing :giggle:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:41 pm

our other 2 have always been mega talkers, K had full conversational speech at 16 months and Anna not far behind so I got used to that!
Oh and my DH I meant the games console not her brother :giggle: "DS, Peppa up down please" :giggle:

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:45 pm

yay gracie. well done! :wine:

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:03 pm

well done to gracie :hug: :wine:

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby paintedclaws » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:05 pm

Aww thats great! Noah was just the same, i was really worried about his speech and then all of a sudden he started chattering away. It wasn't until he was almost 3yrs before he started talking properly though and even now his pronounciation isn't perfect, he struggles with sylables. He'll say mu-mum instead of mummy, or orgn for orange but is getting better at it every day.

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler