25%

Total votes : 4
My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Amber Teething necklaces?

Postby JanX » Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:24 pm

The girls seem to suffer with teething and just lately it seems to be almost constant (Lauren currently has 6 teeth through and looks to have at least 4 white bumps on the way, and poor litle Amy only has 2 through and a mouth full of white bumps). They seem to be plagued by niggles as opposed to constant pain if that makes sense?

Natual Amber I know is a natural analgesic and some people swear by the teething necklaces. I am just after a general opinion really (as to buy 2 works out pricey and I can't afford an expensive mistake just now :roll: )

So in your experience do they help?

jan x

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Amber Teething necklaces?

Postby AnnetteandBen » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:36 pm

Only seen a couple of children if perhaps only 1 ever actually wearing one (about 100 or so sample of children) so either the parents haven't bothered with the expense to try or they just use calpol come what may!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:04 pm

I was always terrified of the choking hazard... :? If they're safe tho' go for it!

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:40 pm

the ones I mean are the natrual Amber that work by being worn and the contact to the skin (as in crystal healing) not the ones that are to be chewed!

They are too short for babies to get them in their mouth and chew on them, but even if they did as amber is a natural resin they would just pass straight through with no harm (the beads I am looking at are too small to get caught anywhere and are tumbled so are smooth!), also the necklace is knotted between each bead so even if it did break then the beads should stay on the necklace!

jan x

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:44 pm

No idea I am afraid, we just always resorted to calpol but a more natural method would be preferable if it works

My avatar
Liss07
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Liss07 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:52 pm

Ours seems to work, it lessens the effects of teething of stops it completely, it's less effective at the moment as he is getting his canines coming through and they are b***ers!

My avatar
nicola g
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nicola g » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:26 pm

Ive bought this one for Dafydd http://www.fizzymelon.co.uk/p/product/0 ... +Necklace/

He's not teething yet so cant say if it works or not but to be honest ive only heard good things about them :D

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:04 pm

Hi Nicola - or anyone else who's since used one - how did you get on with this? I've got one that reatives in Austria sent us - apparently they use them all the time there - but I'm also concerned in case DD manages to get it in her mouth. Thanks!

My avatar
nicola g
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nicola g » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:39 am

Jasminesmummy wrote:Hi Nicola - or anyone else who's since used one - how did you get on with this? I've got one that reatives in Austria sent us - apparently they use them all the time there - but I'm also concerned in case DD manages to get it in her mouth. Thanks!

Dafydd wears his daily now, it's not long enough to get in to his mouth. He is such a placid baby anyway so i dont know if it's working or not :oops: but im gonna carry on using it incase it is helping him.

Worth a try if you have one anyway.

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler