hf1

Worms :s

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Worms :s

Postby dawnsmummy » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:03 pm

stacey10782010 wrote:Mmmmmm so glad i had finished eating when i read this :giggle: ive an itchy bum just thinking about it :giggle: hope ur wee one doesnt get them :(

WSS! :giggle: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:06 pm

I was nearly sick when I changed Lani's nappy when she had them, they were everywhere and it was really horrid. I have a strong stomach for anything but that really was on my limit... :puke: :puke: :puke:

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby weefywoo » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:08 pm

Torch & bum :puke: :puke: :puke:
There has been no itching ... so far

My avatar
LilMrsAverage
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby LilMrsAverage » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:11 pm

garlic... they dont like it eat lots sounds stupid but :oops: :oops: :oops: I got them when pregnant with dexter .... was staying with my sister and children we all got them :oops: :oops:

.... and even nastier and TMI

sudocrem or zinc and caster oil on your bum at night.... it draws them out :puke: :puke: :puke: and they get a bit stuck...

lots of washing do the bed clothes we brought dettol spray and sprayed door handles etc esp in the bathrooms...anti bac gel

it was recommended I didnt take anything trust me the midwifes and me wet our selves as I was mortified.... if you have them it takes 10-14 days to break the cycle

My avatar
vampiredreams
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby vampiredreams » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:19 pm

'Apparently' if you stick sellotape to the anus and then remove it..if they are infected there will be eggs stuck to the sellotape :shock: :puke: :puke:

My avatar
queen bee
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby queen bee » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:35 pm

Ok Far TMI alert here

My boys have had them a few times. They complained of an itchy bum and couldn't setle at night, so I did the bum in the air, bright light thing and went 'fishing' for them with a bit of toilet paper I got them to try to open up as much as possible (without hurting them of course) "Go on trump in Mummy's face" usually works with my boys. :hohoho: Then I just wait until I see the worm and lift it out with a cotton bud (very gently) I can usually manage to get them out so they can sleep. Then treat us all with Ovex. Lily had them too last time. I found 2-4 tiny white worms in her nappy each morning (dead). :puke:
I do all the showers in the omorning, washing bedclothes stuff as well to break the cycle

Gosh, don't my kids sound delightful :oops: :hohoho:

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:53 pm

Advice from the medical officer at school (I asked as a child at Ewan's childminder had worms) is that there is no need for treatment unless a family member gets them. You could treat Weef as a precaution if you like, but I wouldn't worry about you and Zarah unless one of the older two show symptoms. The side effects of the meds can be yucky too.

My avatar
50ftQueenie
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby 50ftQueenie » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:57 pm

sim wrote:Advice from the medical officer at school (I asked as a child at Ewan's childminder had worms) is that there is no need for treatment unless a family member gets them. You could treat Weef as a precaution if you like, but I wouldn't worry about you and Zarah unless one of the older two show symptoms. The side effects of the meds can be yucky too.

Exactly this ^^^^^.

I personally wouldn't treat my chidlren for worms as a precaution. If I remember correctly, the reason the old headlice treatment that we had when we were young (well, I say we, I mean those of us 28+) became ineffective was because people started using it as a precaution and the headlice became immune. Over use of medication helps the parasites to develop immunity to the treatments so they should only really be used if needed. :wink:

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:08 pm

50ftQueenie wrote:
sim wrote:Advice from the medical officer at school (I asked as a child at Ewan's childminder had worms) is that there is no need for treatment unless a family member gets them. You could treat Weef as a precaution if you like, but I wouldn't worry about you and Zarah unless one of the older two show symptoms. The side effects of the meds can be yucky too.

Exactly this ^^^^^.

I personally wouldn't treat my chidlren for worms as a precaution. If I remember correctly, the reason the old headlice treatment that we had when we were young (well, I say we, I mean those of us 28+) became ineffective was because people started using it as a precaution and the headlice became immune. Over use of medication helps the parasites to develop immunity to the treatments so they should only really be used if needed. :wink:

Exactly!

PreviousNext

Return to Baby and Toddler