hf1

Acidophilus for 2year old

My avatar
ulig
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Acidophilus for 2year old

Postby ulig » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:37 pm

DS3 is 2 1/2 years old and just had his first ever course of antibiotics. Now his digestion in completely screwed up. His nappies are really really nasty :puke: Is there acidophilus for children available to build up his intestinal flora? And where can I get it? Or can I just use the adult ones from Holland & Barrett?

My avatar
littlelegs
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Acidophilus for 2year old

Postby littlelegs » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:48 pm

I looked everywhere but couldnt find any for children. They all seemed to say 12 years plus if I remember rightly. I kept feeding my little one natural yoghurt and they soon returned to normal. Good luck!

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nappynutter » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:51 pm

Yup, you can give it to babies and toddlers.

http://www.askdrsears.com/html/8/T080400.asp

My avatar
tracedw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby tracedw » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:02 pm

My nutritionist recommended this one for ds3 http://www.amazon.co.uk/BioCare-Strawbe ... =1-1-spell

My avatar
ulig
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ulig » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:21 pm

Thanks for your help :D I'll get some of the powder. Yoghurt just doesn't work right now as he refuses to eat any.

My avatar
tracedw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby tracedw » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:40 pm

I have been mixing the recommended dose with a small amount of water and been using the 5ml syringe to give it like you would the anti-b's or you could put it in juice, just dont give the acidophilus at the same time as the ab.

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:44 pm

Best we've found (we've been through a lot, Ocean's been on antibiotics for most of his life), is Solgar's ABCdophilus which is designed for babies and children, this is the one we've found works the best. I buy it online (pretty much the same price everywhere I've seen). If we run out then I just buy capsules in Boots or H&B and open them up.

Return to Baby and Toddler