hf1

What foods do you avoid because of changes in behaviour?

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

What foods do you avoid because of changes in behaviour?

Postby 123princesssammie » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:36 pm

I habe noticed aleshas behaviour has changed in the last few weeks and am trying to work out what may be the cause of it,

I know there are links too Asperteme (SP) and childrens behaviour so try and avoid that where possible and dont tend too give her sweets or choc or any sort as i notice the differeance instantly

just wandering what other things in foods may be causing this?

x

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: What foods do you avoid because of changes in behaviour?

Postby beck » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:40 pm

I've found highly processed foods eg. Hot dog sausages, fast food. dried fruit as the sugar is high.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:41 pm

Aspartame and Saccharin for starters - for Isabelle Aspartame is one of the worst for her behaviour...
Monosodium glutemate (MSG)
Artificial colours
Other artificial sweetners where possible (unfortunately some of the medicines my girls have there isn't a version without sucralose)
Caffeine - Chocolate is the worst for this because it's hidden i.e. it doesn't occur to one that it's there...
Excess sugar
Overly acidic foods as this aggravates/causes heartburn
And my pet peeve is quavers ;) there's a few additives in them which cause behavioural issues - and sometimes it's not immediate so the response can be delayed to next day or a few days later so you don't associate it with the foodstuffs...

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby 123princesssammie » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:46 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:Aspartame and Saccharin for starters - for Isabelle Aspartame is one of the worst for her behaviour...
Monosodium glutemate (MSG)
Artificial colours
Other artificial sweetners where possible (unfortunately some of the medicines my girls have there isn't a version without sucralose)
Caffeine - Chocolate is the worst for this because it's hidden i.e. it doesn't occur to one that it's there...
Excess sugar
Overly acidic foods as this aggravates/causes heartburn
And my pet peeve is quavers ;) there's a few additives in them which cause behavioural issues - and sometimes it's not immediate so the response can be delayed to next day or a few days later so you don't associate it with the foodstuffs...

ideal thanks hun, going too keep an eye on what she is eating and look out for these so i can avoid them,
Quavers are banned lol, i hate the smell of them, pombears are the only crisp she has and thats only very occasionally aswell x

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:48 pm

Aspartamene here as well
things like haribo sweet, devil foods I call them
robinsons fruit juice
capri suns affect both K and A

Chocolate they are fine with x

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby 123princesssammie » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:50 pm

completely forgot about juice, just checked and think this may be the possible cause, getting her to drink water or milk thou is impoossible, x

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:56 pm

123princesssammie wrote:completely forgot about juice, just checked and think this may be the possible cause, getting her to drink water or milk thou is impoossible, x

Try robinsons naturals - no artifical wassnames - plenty of sugar though so best only with a meal...

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:36 am

We think we've found a link with cheese for Dawn :shock: She does eat alot of cheese though as it's one of the only things she'll eat :oops: But we've found that the two weeks where we REALLY cut down her cheese intake (think she had only one cheese sandwhich and a tiny bit of cheese on some pasta) she didn't seem so bad temper wise.
I made the mistake of letting her put a net of babybelle in the shopping basket the other week and goodness I regretted it! She was sneaking babybelles out of the fridge and scoffing them while playing in the bathroom! :shock: :shock: :shock:

I find it a bit weird though, because before and after being pregnant I would happily live on cheese (My waist line wouldn't, but I would). But while pregnant the thought of cheese, especially melted, would make me wretch. I had to look away when Pizza Hut adverts came on, because I'd spend the rest of the evening thinking about cheese and feeling sick.

Other things are Fruit shoots (EVIL drinks! My friend's 5 year old almost immediatly wets herself after fruit shoots :shock: ), macdonalds :roll: and jelly sweets.

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby becky1978 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:48 am

Ice cream is a bad trigger for Cam.

Return to Baby and Toddler