hf1

Fussy toddler!

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Fussy toddler!

Postby lazylexis » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:10 pm

:wave: I know there have been several similar posts recently but am looking for some ideas/suggestions please!
Ds is now 22 months and used to eat well. It is now a struggle to get any veg and much fruit into him!
He will eat as many bananas as u will let him in a day and used to eat melon and pear but won't touch either now. He won't eat apple, pineapple, oranges, mango, grapes, blueberries, strawberries or raspberries either! He will drink watered down fruit juice but we keep that to a minimum. He won't eat roast potatoes, mash or parsnips but will eat oven chips.
He will eat raisins but not dates anymore, dried strawberries but not dried apple!
We have tried hiding veg in baked beans, and various sauces for pasta but he won't eat it and now won't eat pasta either and has stopped eating rice!
so a list of things he will eat at the moment
meatballs ( although not in sauce and can be a bit hit and miss)
roast chicken
occasionally beef but only if very tender, he is not keen on lamb
ham ( but wouldn't eat gammon yesterday!)
cheese
toast/bread
baked beans and tinned spaghetti
fish fillets - salmon and white fish
fish fingers
sausages ( we tend to buy the 97% pork ones)
bananas
raisins, dried strawberries
natural yogurt
breakfast cereal incl porridge and ready brek
egg - fried, scrambled and omelette
and of course all sorts of stuff that is bad for u like biscuits, trifle, chocolate, jelly etc if we let him!
we have tried raw vs cooked veg ,have tried dipping things in humus etc. Dh is going to try pureeing some veg and mixing it in his omelette for lunch ( apparently he ate gammon but wouldn't touch his omelette with pureed sweetcorn in it! He did eat a roasted vegetable pannini in costa at the weekend but that had lots of cheese on. We tried mixing veg in tomato puree for pizza and he will sometimes eat it but is fussy with toppings!
so how can I get him to eat more fruit and veg other than wait and hope it's a phase? We tend to put some sort of veg on his plate at meals but he just looks at it in disgust throws it everywhere! Occasionally he will put some in his mouth but it is spat out very quickly with a look as if we are poisoning him! :x

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Fussy toddler!

Postby tanya » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:19 pm

Keep offering it to him, both in plain sight on the plate and hidden in sauces. It is just a phase and he will get to the other side eventually, it just takes a while.

Would he drink a smoothie?

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Site Supporter

Re: Fussy toddler!

Postby JabberJabber » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:24 pm

lazylexis wrote:! Occasionally he will put some in his mouth but it is spat out very quickly with a look as if we are poisoning him! :x

I know that look well :hug: :hug:

No advice for the moment, but if I come up with something that works, I'll let you know.

Return to Baby and Toddler