How much do you 'ignore'?

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: How much do you 'ignore'?

Postby evansmummy » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:43 pm

littlesez wrote:MAKE A BOX OF REALLY GOOD STUFF sorry caps :giggle:

Things he really likes and put it out of the way, then only get it out when your feeding it could have a name like the magic box or something, make a big fuss that its only his and doesnt have to share it with anyone :twisted:

Yes i would address the hitting and throwing your right its not fair but if you give him something else to do it might help :hug:

Why did I not think of this?? That would be something I know he would love!

Thanx for the advice, cuddles/books/fav programme are working breifly but he tends to get bored... :-? Today was good though as it's been lovely so I was able to feed in the garden a few times whilst I watched him play which he seemed to love :wine:

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby becky1978 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:49 pm

Glad things are getting beeter hun, no advice I'm afraid, but I'm sure i'm going to be in this situation in a few weeks :(

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:48 pm

I think he knows its dangerous and naughty which is why he's doing it. Hes angry because you and baby are togethr and he is on his own (even when he's not on his own he feels that he is becasue he is not with you in the intimate feeding couple). Tell him he is angry and he is telling you that it is really hard to see baby feeding as it used to be his place. Perhaps give him some special only him time when the baby can be looked after by hubs or whoever. Tell him that you love him and that you love the baby too, but that he needs mummy's milk to grow into a big strong boy like you...

Im sure you're doing most of this already but i think sometimes it can help to have it all spelt out ;)

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler