hf1

Anyone used kiddy car seat?

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Anyone used kiddy car seat?

Postby ems101 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:52 pm

We cant stretch to a RF seat, and this comes v high in the safety tests on 'which?' site.

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Anyone used kiddy car seat?

Postby Shaunie » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:57 pm

We've not used one but a friend of a friend has one and I know she adores it. We have also looked at them because we need to get Jonah a new car seat.

The reviews in which? are good though aren't they?

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:06 pm

yeah great reviews, we tried it in the shop, but she looked v small in it, although im not sure we were doing it quite right! Wanted some real mum reassurance!!

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby BingBongBoo » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:21 pm

My SIL has one and I use it with my niece (16 months) when I look after her one day a week. On the plus side, it is very easy to fit and to switch between cars and has great safety reviews. The downside (for Izzy at least) is that she is quite small in it at the moment. The cushion comes up to her neck and her arms are in quite an unnatural position (sort of raised above the cushion). She doesn't seem to mind for short journeys but she doesn't like to be in it for more than 30 minutes or so. Also, the cushion needs to be cleaned regularly as it gets covered in snot and drool! But I guess that is a problem with any car seat. :wink:

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:32 pm

I have one I really like it it holds her really well when we are traveling and they do look small in it for a while but I liked that she was so well cushioned at the same time and we can get all 3 kids in the car without compromising anyone now as it's much slimmer than our old car seat :D

ETA forgot to say I love that you can't put it in wrong too :D
Last edited by Sally on Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby little1 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:05 pm

I have one and it is Fab!, can't recommend it highly enough, fitted DD from 9mths and still fits my niece who is 4. It goes in my tiny coupe with leather bucket seats and hubbies 4x4 with no trouble.

DD loves it as she is not restricted like in a seat with a harness. The only disadvantage is that you cannot recline it when in use, but DD uses the cushion as a pillow and sleeps much better in this (not reclined) than in our other car seat. It is very light, easy to move between cars and is impossible to put in wrong (even my MIL can manage :giggle: )

mine is an energy pro, got it new from ebay.

Lou x

My avatar
leal123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby leal123 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:39 pm

We've got the Kiddy Comfort Pro for Elliott that goes up to 11, I think you don't use the front part when they're older.

We used it from about 15m and he did look a bit small at first but still didn't mind being in it. He can fall asleep really easy in it as he puts his head on the cushion instead of it flopping forward as in other front facing car seats.

As the others have said it's really easy to strap in and the bonus for us was that it's really easy to move between 2 cars as well as it's really light. I think it fits most cars as well, dh has a Kia Sedona and I've got a Nissan Note.

My avatar
ebonina
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby ebonina » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:53 pm

I'm thinking of getting the Cybex Pallas Fix for R, so nice to hear that these kind of seats work well.
Last edited by ebonina on Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Woozle35 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:05 pm

We have one and love it. Oscar did look small in it when he first started using, but was safe and secure in it. We drove to Scotland with him in it and he slept most of the way there and all of the way back. Now(he is nearly 2) he sits and looks out at everything and plays with his aqua draw. He loves the ledge.

For transferring into other cars it is so light. I recently caught the train to Manchester to meet a friend with her car and took Oscar in his sling and carried the carseat.

And it has fitted every car we have ever tried.

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler