hf1

Do you garden whilst baby sleeps

My avatar
LilMrsAverage
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Do you garden whilst baby sleeps

Postby LilMrsAverage » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:20 am

i do lol - Dexter comes with me into the garden quite often when tabitha is asleep when she was tiny and it was cold cold i used to pop in every 5 mins to check now i leave the doors open and can hear

planning on weeding front garden this morning with the boy in tow once the girl is sleeping x

I don't do the baby monitors either - as long as they are in ear shot

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:57 am

I would pop in and out of the garden to do things while they were asleep but I feel better if I have the monitor on. Even if its just on the ledge inside so I can see if the lights go on.

I'm just wondering why some people are so anti monitors? We still have one in Zachs room to use in the evenings before we go to bed and thank goodness as he was sick the other evening in his sleep and we wouldn't have heard him from downstairs otherwise as the doors were shut and the we were watching a film. :-?

Oh, I wouldn't dream of going out and leaving the doors unlocked here! Asking for trouble :giggle:

My avatar
LilMrsAverage
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby LilMrsAverage » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:26 am

I'M not anti I just have never had them where I can't hear them, and I have very good hearing lol x

My avatar
drummy
Clothie
Clothie

Postby drummy » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:29 am

LilMrsAverage wrote:I'M not anti I just have never had them where I can't hear them, and I have very good hearing lol x

i'm exactly the same, plus i dont see the point in payin for something i'll never use

Vicx

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:34 am

drummy wrote:
LilMrsAverage wrote:I'M not anti I just have never had them where I can't hear them, and I have very good hearing lol x

i'm exactly the same, plus i dont see the point in payin for something i'll never use

Vicx

Same here, we have just never needed them, I use them for the first couple of night when they go to their own rooms but that it is. Never had one downstairs when they are upstairs either x

My avatar
cookielucylou
Clothie
Clothie

Postby cookielucylou » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:15 pm

I have been wondering about this too. I have so much to do through the day but usually wait until oh gets home which means I have to rush like an idiot then and only get the essentials done as lo will only stay with dad for about an hour before he wants me again.
Especially with the weather as it is I want to get the garden tided up and a veggie patch started, so I may talk to oh about getting a baby monitor.

My avatar
keljbj
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby keljbj » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:33 pm

I have a wireless monitor which has a really good range, so i will happily go into the garden with the other kids or on my own whilst Indiana sleeps. We always have our front door locked anyway, as Keane escaped once when he was a toddler (inlaws left the door unlocked when they came in and didn't shut the baby gate :x ). Luckily a neighbour 3 doors down was out washing his car and saw him toddling by, so brought him home (just as i was rushing out the door and on the verge of saying something i may have regretted to the inlaws :giggle: ). I love making the most of the garden, and can't get anything done when Indiana is with me as she is very intent on climbing on anything and everything she can :giggle:

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:44 am

We have a video monitor which is fab as I can see if he's woken up before he gets to the point of crying, he'll normally mess around in his cot for a good while before shouting for someone to come & get him.

When he was small & I was on Mat Leave I used to go out & sunbathe with a book while he was napping, or hang washing, potter in the garden. Now the weather is getting better again I will be doing things outside when he naps on my day off and at the weekend. He's perfectly safe in his cot and with the monitor I will be able to see/hear if there is a problem.

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby girlinleeds » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:58 am

i've been doing the garden either when pippa naps, or when she's gone to bed now that it's getting lighter on a evening. i do take the baby monitor out with me though as even though i think i'd hear her i like to be sure xx

PreviousNext

Return to Baby and Toddler