hf1

Do you garden whilst baby sleeps

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Do you garden whilst baby sleeps

Postby Annette » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:05 pm

i would invest in a monitor if you don't think you would easily hear them cry - just because i could never fully relax if i kept wondering if they had woken or had to keep popping back in to check. Nothing better than sitting outside on a warm day knowing you can hear as soon as they need you - shame those days are gone for me now, enjoy them while you can :)

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:12 pm

I used a monitor when out the back, but if you can hear him well then it should be fine.

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:13 pm

I would and have, but only with a monitor as DD's nursery is at the front of the house, and I wouldn't hear her from the garden.

Just one thing though, I would always make sure the front door was properly locked if I was out the back and DD was in the house - I know it's unlikely, but after Madeline McCann I am always over cautious in that sort of situation :(

My avatar
drummy
Clothie
Clothie

Postby drummy » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:23 pm

Oh dear i must be an awful mother :shock: i've resprayed my classic mini while baby has slept before and not had a monitor with me. Mainly cos we dont own any monitors as my 2 have always been loud enough to be heard at the bottom of the garden!

My avatar
usinukveg
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby usinukveg » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:26 pm

Drummy, I think I'm going to join you in being an awful mother and go out and pull some weeds at Liam's next sleep. I will wheel his cot under the window though. His lungs are pretty small for such a little mite, so I'm sure that I'll be able to hear him!

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:27 pm

Miss_Purple wrote:I would and have, but only with a monitor as DD's nursery is at the front of the house, and I wouldn't hear her from the garden.

Just one thing though, I would always make sure the front door was properly locked if I was out the back and DD was in the house - I know it's unlikely, but after Madeline McCann I am always over cautious in that sort of situation :(

Wss we always made sure front door was locked, even if we are having a drink in the garden now of an evening the front and side doors are locked so the only other access is past us x

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:19 pm

Our front door is always locked no matter where we are in the house - but I do live in East Manchester ;)
TBH wherever I lived I don't think it would occur to me to leave my front (or back) door unlocked!

I've done gardening without a monitor but only when I was sure I could hear them and I think that's the key - not using a monitor doesn't make you a bad mother - as you've said you'd be able to hear them ;)

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:10 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:Our front door is always locked no matter where we are in the house - but I do live in East Manchester ;)
TBH wherever I lived I don't think it would occur to me to leave my front (or back) door unlocked!

ah, you don't live on the very quiet Isle of Wight though :wink: I know people here who go out and leave their doors and windows unlocked and open! It's not as common as it used to be though. My parents live in a nice part of the Cotswolds and their front door has a mortice lock not a Yale one, they never used to lock it when they were in the house but one day someone came in and stole Mum's handbag off the hall table while she was in the house :shock: they always keep it locked and bolted from the inside now.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:13 pm

We have gone to bed and left our front door wide open :shock: :giggle: next door shut it at 3am on his way to work. I don't go shopping and leave the door unlocked but when I go to get the kids of the bus I don't lock up

PreviousNext

Return to Baby and Toddler