hf1

Sleep getting shorter again

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Sleep getting shorter again

Postby clothsister » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:27 am

Hi, just wondering if anyone else's lo's sleep patterns changed around 5 months. For a few nights we had night feeds at 7 when put down the 11 and then through to 7 then it's gradually been getting shorter and also the 11 one is getting earlier. Is this likely to just be a food thing whilst we're starting to wean or am I missing a trick? I am actually not that fussed that she's doing it as I like our night time snuggles I just don't want to end up with 2 hour slots again as it nearly killed me!

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Sleep getting shorter again

Postby eviesmummy » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:01 am

Yep I remember Evie taking a growth spurt at this time and she started to waken again during the night for a feed - it shouldnt last long :wink: :hug:

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:42 am

Yep, it's probably a growth spurt - they have a huge one at around 6 months. DS2 def got worse before he got better. FC is passes quickly.

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:13 pm

Thanks like I said it's not killing me as much as the 3 month one yet so fc it won't be too bad at least I know it's a growth spurt she's been vile the last week or so so am hoping the bad mood is part of the growth spurt? X

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:20 pm

Or it could be her teeth making her out of sorts.

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Fayesmum » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:54 pm

Developmentally it's normal to wake more between 4-6 months and not just be a growth spurt :wink: Something to do with change in sleep cycle, we went through it with Faye and tbh it was pretty grim :-? Then we would see light at the end of the tunnel, wakings would be back to once a night for a week or so and she would get teething pain (teeth coming through did seem to affect her badly) we'd be back to square one :x

Hope thing's stay as they are for you :hug:

Return to Baby and Toddler