hf1

How do you co-sleep? - question pg 2

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

How do you co-sleep? - question pg 2

Postby red_dwarf » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:53 am

Right its looking like I may have to go down the co-sleeping route. Oliver has always objected to being in the moses basket during the day, but now he has seriously objected to going in the moses basket at night and I have had bad nights for the past week or so until I give in and drag him in the bed at about 4:30 and then we get some good quality sleep. I really didnt want to co-sleep, nerves I suppose, so can you tell me the setup of your bed which enables you to co-sleep safely.
Last edited by red_dwarf on Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: How do you co-sleep

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:12 am

we co slept a lot when roo was younger. We have a kingsize bed so he slept next to the wall then me then dp. This worked fine. Ive had him in my bed for the last 4 nights due to illness and he's such a wriggle bum now dp has just been sleeping on the couch as he finds it hard to sleep with him crawling about the bed all night.

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:15 am

JenKyleKaitlinRoo wrote:we co slept a lot when roo was younger. We have a kingsize bed so he slept next to the wall then me then dp. This worked fine. Ive had him in my bed for the last 4 nights due to illness and he's such a wriggle bum now dp has just been sleeping on the couch as he finds it hard to sleep with him crawling about the bed all night.

Thats kinda what ive been doing. DH sleeps too heavily for him to be in the middle.How do you have your duvet?

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:18 am

We have a cotbed for Callum that's set up with only three sides on. It butts up next to our bed, as an extension of our bed; his mattress is at the exact height of ours. (We had a piece of foam cut to size to go under the mattress and to one side of it, so there are no gaps.) It means Callum has his own space (and more importantly, we keep ours), but I can easily comfort (and BF!) him during the night without having to do more than turn over. I can lay with my face and chest next to his if he needs me to. And I like being able to fall asleep holding his hand. This is also how we co-slept with Iris, so it works for us.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:20 am

Until Nathan was 10 months we had a bedguard on the side of the bed and he slept between me and the guard.After we moved we took one side off the cot and it's alongside ourbed now
Not great pics but u get the idea.N usually sleeps across the bed tho with just his head in the cot!
Last edited by lazylexis on Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:24 am

We have co slept from birth with Megan and Darcie...kieren wouldn't have any if it and much preferred his Moses basket and own space...

Megan used to go down in her Moses basket until het first night feed and then come in with us...

Darcie only sleeps in our bed and won't do the Moses basket at all...

We have a king size bed and we move our pillows so there is about a foot gap between them (which means that our pillows slightly over hang the bed) and she sleeps in the middle of us with her head in the gap iykwim? That way I don't worry about the duvet do much because she is higher up... its amazing how aware you are of them there too :)

Eta I would do the cotbed trick if we had room! But we can't fit it alongside the bed...

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby evansmummy » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:27 am

I don't gave DH in the bed at all..he's been on the sofa since we came home :giggle: I only have one pillow on the bed, Noah has a huge amount of space around him, I rarely have the duvet over him, just his blankets x

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:32 am

Our bed is in an alcove so the only place the cot could be would basically be at me feet which would probably be more awkward than co-sleeping because it would be a pita to get out of bed.

Tory I was thinking of that, but dont your pillows slip at all? I was worried I would go to sleep and the pillow would slip over his face. Can you tell im nervous about co-sleeping :oops: tho my rents did it with me and my sis and we were fine.

My avatar
peachy.moo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby peachy.moo » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:36 am

We have Arlo's cot against the side of the bed myside & he sleeps next to me... I overhang the duvet dh's side so it covers me but not Arlo... Have done the same with all 3....

You can get a thing by Summer that they sleep in in between you & dp...

http://www.kidztravelshop.co.uk/Bedtime ... 0557c.aspx

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler