hf1

How do you co-sleep? - question pg 2

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: How do you co-sleep? - question pg 2

Postby Fayesmum » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:55 pm

Have you thought about mattresses on the floor? that is actually quite a good idea, I know a few people who co-sleep in that way cause they feel it is safer

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:39 pm

Well ive made the corner of the bed baby safe incase he has to come in during the night. Stuffed the gap at the top with a pillow and the gap.at the side with rolled up towls. Hve tested my pillows and once they are wedged into the headboard they dont move at all so no worry of them falling on him during the night :-) i can put my pillows normally and all i need to do during the night is wedge them in and his space is sorted :-)
Tho sofar he is fast asleep in his basket and hasnt made a peep lol

My avatar
coastal
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby coastal » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:05 pm

red_dwarf wrote:Tho sofar he is fast asleep in his basket and hasnt made a peep lol

Isn't that just typical! :hohoho:
Hope the set up works for you... if it's needed.
Alasdair went to sleep in a co-sleeping cot, but would shuffle over onto the bed when I was there and end up sleeping in the crook of my arm. The fact that the cot was there made such a difference - I was able to relax because I knew he wasn't going to fall out.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:17 am

Hope you get some sleep! :hug:

You asked about our pillows moving...we only have one pillow each and they weigh a tonne (they are memory foam...think sack of spuds) so they wouldn't move by accident...you have to pick them up/drag them :)

Because Megan was still coming in with us most nights before Darcie was born hubby ends up sleeping in her bed with her most nights so 9 times out if 10 its only me and Darcie in my bed :)

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:33 pm

Well he stayed in his moses basket until 4am last night :wine:
Brought him into the bed after that and the lay out worked really really well. My pillows didnt move because i trapped them in the headboard. the only thing that made me a little nervous was that he wiggles closer to me during the night and ended up with his face laying against the side of my pillow. he has pretty good head control so i think he would be able to move his head away if he needed to, but please reassure me he isnt going to suffocate if he does that again tonight :-?

My avatar
beffys
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby beffys » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:41 pm

Just that he should probably be lower down so he's positioned closer to boob position just under your arm. If you're lying on the pillow and your shoulder is just under the pillow, he shouldn't be anywhere near pillow then. Maybe lower his position down a bit on his side if you can. That's totally normal for him to gravitate over to you though.

My avatar
coastal
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby coastal » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:55 pm

beffys wrote:Just that he should probably be lower down so he's positioned closer to boob position just under your arm.

^wss
Alasdair occasionally would decide he needed his own space and shuffle up the bed a bit though and needed retrieved! :giggle:

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler