hf1

What age did your son potty train?

My avatar
tracedw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

What age did your son potty train?

Postby tracedw » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:26 pm

Now Conan is 2 i need to start thinking about toilet training with all that entails, detashing nappies, no more wool :cry:
potty talk etc :giggle: He is telling me when he has done a poo and pats his nappy so i guess its the beginning :wink:
but if he has no nappy on when he feels the urge, he gets quite distressed and looks for a nappy to put on.
My older 2 boys were not early trainers ,Oscar was 2 and Tadhg about 2.5.
I am thinking about frogging a pair of longies i am 3/4 way through to use the yarn to make a sleeveless top for the summer, just not sure if there is any point in making more :cry: , i am sorted for nights,7 nappies, 3 soakers and 2 xl longies.
I guess he will be dry by the end of the summer, so what age did your son PT ?

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: What age did your son potty train?

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:28 pm

We tried K when he turned 2 but wasn't ready so we left it til he was 27 months and he was done real quick x

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:38 pm

All 3 of mine trained just before their 3rd birthdays during the day. Nights varied from a few weeks afterwards, nearly 5yrs and 7yrs.

My avatar
cat27m
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cat27m » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:39 pm

I first tried with Toby when he was 29 months but it was a disaster so tried again at 32 months and he was dry within a few days. He was dry at night within a couple of months after being dry during the day.

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby justme123 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:40 pm

Ds1 trained at 22 months (entirely led by him - he woke up one day and refused to wear a nappy and that was about that). Took him a LOT longer to be dry at night though.

Ds2 wasn't really interested, he did it in the end at about 2.5 I think, but it was definitely our idea. He was dry at night at about the same time though.

Good luck if you decide to try :-)

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:43 pm

Both my boys were about 30 months - dry both day and night at the same time. I waited until the warmer weather with both of them and they 'got it' really quickly :)

Good luck and:hug: at the same time!

My avatar
50ftQueenie
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby 50ftQueenie » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:50 pm

Ollie was 35 months. He was ready far earlier but just didn't want to use the toilet/potty. He was dry at night at the same time but cried if we tried him without a nappy at night so he was in a nappy overnight until he was 3.5.

Oh and I feel your pain re: woollies. Martha's PTing now.... all those beautiful skirties.... :cry: :cry: :cry:

My avatar
peachy.moo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby peachy.moo » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:51 pm

Kai was fully out of nappies at 25mths- but his pl was all led by him apart from us buying a potty at 11mths.... With nights we just stopped with nappies after he'd been out of them in the day for a few weeks- he wasn't dealing well with having them on at night when he didn't need them in the day... We were very lucky with him as he was dry all night straight away having never had a dry nappy in the morning....

Kai was unusual though I think!!!

Between my 4 close friends there's 6 boys- 3 trained just before 3, 1 at 3 1/2, one is close at just turning 2 & the last has no interest just turning 2.....

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:53 pm

Jonah started at around 28 months and was done fairly quickly. He still wears NN now. Isaac hasn't even started yet. There's no point as he is so not ready. May trial him over easter when DH will be around to help clean up messes!

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler