hf1

Baby drop in groups.

My avatar
cookielucylou
Clothie
Clothie

Baby drop in groups.

Postby cookielucylou » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:35 pm

I have been debating about going to one. What exactly happens at them? It would be nice to get me and lo out for a bit, but I am terrible at meeting new people and dont think lo is old enough to play with other babies at the moment(5 months).
Also breastfeeding clubs, are they worth going to or are they only really for if your having a problem?

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Site Supporter

Re: Baby drop in groups.

Postby JabberJabber » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:02 pm

I've met some really good people at baby groups and the bf one I went to means I now have 3 lovely mummy friends in my area who are always available for a cuppa!

I'd say give some a try, they can be great fun.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:18 pm

At the baby group we went to they had lots of baby toys out, a large matted area, an area with mirrors and lots of floor cushions and bouncy chairs. We sat around in groups chatting and playing with our lo's and had a sing song all together at some point.This was drop in 9-12 and songs were usually at the end. I found it good to meet other mums.

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:59 pm

Well worth trying out both, baby drop ins are usually very relaxed and a lovely way to meet Mums with similar aged babies.

The breast feeding group I used to go to with Georgia was a group of like minded bf Mums meeting for a chat and babies to play.

Let us know hoe you get on if you decide to go :D

My avatar
cookielucylou
Clothie
Clothie

Postby cookielucylou » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:40 pm

Maybe I will give one a go then. I have 2 centres within walking distance of our house, its just as I said it puts me off having to meet new people and possibly sat there being odd one out. Are they usually quite welcoming?

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:45 pm

Hiya, I think most people feel similar when going to a new group so try to remember that when going. It's much easier to go now when LO is small so you can chat and get to know others from early on. I have some lovely friends that I met when my oldest LO was a similar age. It's nice to share tips and woes with others in a similar situation.
I ve been to different groups and they re all different some welcoming some
not, I think it depends on the people. Don t let it put you off if u don t like it the first time or try a different one.
Good luck xxxx

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:17 pm

They are definitely worth a go. I went to my local breastfeeding group because I was having problems but I still go now even though feeding is going OK. We just sit and have a cuppa and a chat, if anyone has any problems then everyone tries to help but it's generally just mum's in similar situations meeting up for some company.

Rach xx

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Fayesmum » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:36 pm

rachymoo wrote:They are definitely worth a go. I went to my local breastfeeding group because I was having problems but I still go now even though feeding is going OK. We just sit and have a cuppa and a chat, if anyone has any problems then everyone tries to help but it's generally just mum's in similar situations meeting up for some company.

Rach xx

WSS. I still attend our breastfeeding drop in :giggle: it's just lovely to meet others for a chat and a cup of tea... I'm still feeding Faye but it's nice to be able to help others as well now were slightly veteran feeders :hohoho:

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:25 pm

Nearly all my mummy friends are from a baby group we used to attend. I'd start with one that is just for younger babies - ours you were expected to reduce attendance at 6 months (ish) once they became more mobile. That meant that true "cliques" couldn't build up and tbh we only started seeing each other outside the group after we stopped going IYSWIM. There is a "loose" group of about 8 of us and I am good friends with 3 of them

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler