hf1

Days and nights mixed up & lazy latcher

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Days and nights mixed up & lazy latcher

Postby confusinglady » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:26 pm

Hiya, as the others say not loads you can do but just had a thought that perhaps it's very overstimulating with the other kids, school run etc during the day. My dd2 would just fall asleep on the floor with dd1 bouncing up and down next to her lol!
Dd2 also had jaundice and would want to sleep all day but had to make sure she woke to feed which was a nightmare like you describe. HV said rub her ears, strip her off and change her, cold wet flannel on her face! I felt so bad but it did help.
Perhaps after feeding your little one you could strip him off again to wake him and then lay him in Moses basket or something somewhere where the other kids aren t so that he s not too stimulated iykwim? Just an idea.
I hope he settles down soon xxx

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:50 pm

Nic_1 wrote:Dd2 also had jaundice and would want to sleep all day but had to make sure she woke to feed which was a nightmare like you describe. HV said rub her ears, strip her off and change her, cold wet flannel on her face! I felt so bad but it did help.

:shock: :(

charli :hug: Just so tiny still I know that doesnt help but they just sort out in their own time, i wouldn't try waking him if he is sleeping he must need sleep.

I also would say it doenst sound like a nightmare or a problem just normal newborn stuff :babyroll:

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:12 pm

littlesez wrote:
Nic_1 wrote:Dd2 also had jaundice and would want to sleep all day but had to make sure she woke to feed which was a nightmare like you describe. HV said rub her ears, strip her off and change her, cold wet flannel on her face! I felt so bad but it did help.

:shock: :(

charli :hug: Just so tiny still I know that doesnt help but they just sort out in their own time, i wouldn't try waking him if he is sleeping he must need sleep.

I also would say it doenst sound like a nightmare or a problem just normal newborn stuff :babyroll:

I didn t word that very well as in a hurry. I meant that my dd2 had jaundice and would not wake day or night demanding food so I had to wake her to get her feed at least every 3 hours. This was a nightmare as she didn t want to know, but had to make sure she fed for obvious reasons as she had lost too much weight.

Just offering my experience of what helped to wake her, sorry this was so shocking.

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby becky1978 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:10 pm

Archie was exactly the same, I think they are actually programmed at that age to be awake more during the night than during the day as you make more milk at night and it's the best time for them to feed lots. Saying that it doesn't help when the rest of the universe is trying to operate the other way round :giggle: No advice though sorry :( I just remember it didn't last too long, so fingers crossed.

Archie was also lazy at latching and actually falling asleep after about 2 sucks :roll: so I used to strip him right off to his nappy and just feed him skin to skin, which seemed to wak him up and interest him a bit more.

Hope it soon settle sinto a manageable routine :hug:

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler