Blankets

My avatar
lmap44
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Blankets

Postby lmap44 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:55 am

:wave:
When Jensen cries after feeds or through tiredness i've found that putting a muslin cloth/ blanket over his face calms him down and sends him to sleep. Does anyone else's babies like having something over their face? I remember as a kid, my friends mum used to put a sheet over their birdcage so the bird would be quiet and this is almost a similar thing :giggle:

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Blankets

Postby justme123 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:58 am

Both my ds had comfortors which they often used to pull over their faces when they were going to sleep. I guess it cuts out some of the sensory overload and makes it easier to relax. Kind of like the budgies I guess :giggle:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:59 am

Yeah Gracie liked her face to be covered, think it is quite a common things x

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:59 am

Yup my two have had muslins for blankies since they were very very small. I basically thought they would be able to breathe through the muslin so didnt worry about it. they still go to bed with blankies now and will cuddle one if they need to during the day.

Riley used to sleep with her over her face

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:30 am

Ocean used to have to sleep on his front with something against his mouth and just touching his nose (so there'd be a gap in between mouth and nose if you looked from the side iyswim). He still sleeps snuggled up and can often be found with something really close to his face.

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:35 pm

Ethan sleeps with a blanket over his face/head! Am not concerned as he's almost 2 now so is old enough to move about and take it off should he want/need to! ...I like my head and eyes covered but always have a gap for my mouth and nose as I get very panicky if I have anything over my mouth!

My avatar
chocmuffin
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby chocmuffin » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:10 pm

:wave: Mandi used to do this to Riley, I remember seeing her do it at baby group :lol:

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:42 pm

A sort of proto transitional object from the breast. As the others say, common and lovely! I guess most of us do it with our pillows too...

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby indigosky2k » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:50 pm

Mira slept on her front till a week or so ago and since then she's tended to pull the muslin or blanket up over her face.

Kacie always had a muslin till she was about 9 months old and if I remember rightly by the time she as a few months old I tended to automatically put it over her face when she fell asleep.

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler