hf1

Tummy sleeper

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Tummy sleeper

Postby evansmummy » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:52 pm

None of my boys have been, and it isn't something I'd tried, im a born worrier and freak myself out to much..BUT Noah won't sleep, apart from the sling or upright on your chest, so my mum suggested laying him on his tummy for a nap. Today after 4 attempts to put him down (he then immediatly wakes until picked up put on your chest and he's gone again) I laid him on his front and you know what...sleep for two hours on his own :wine: :wine: I got dressed, had a cuppa, cleaned and spent some time on my own with Evan :mrgreen:

Are there any no no's? I was constantly in and out the room checking him...I just worry to much :-?

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Tummy sleeper

Postby laceybat » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:00 pm

ryan was like this wouldn't sleep unless on me or on his front. i spoke to the mw and she said it was fine he would sleep for nearly 1 and a half hours make sure the sheet is really well tucked in and the top cover over him is not to high up as if he's like ryan he use to full at it in his sleep and we come back and it be over his face but other than that we just keep cheacking every now and then
:wine: that he's have a good sleep

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby BingBongBoo » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:44 pm

If he's going to sleep like that, then I'd make doubly sure that there are no bumpers (air flow is important), no loose sheet etc. I also wouldn't swaddle him if he's a tummy sleeper. If it would give you extra peace of mind, you could invest in a movement monitor like the angelcare or respisense buzz which will both set off an alarm if no movememnt (i.e breathing) is detected after a set amount of time.

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:04 pm

:wine: for sleep! Kellan was the same and still is :giggle: We've got a Tommee Tippee Monitor with the sensor mat, was definitely worth the money as we were constantly worrying.

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:13 pm

Ocean was the same too. Still goes to sleep on his tummy (as do I). When he was younger he would also make sure all of his teddies went to bed on their tummies as well :giggle:
As above, I'd just make sure there's good airflow and just be sure there's nothing loose that could cause problems.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:32 pm

Both Bella and Jake have been tummy sleepers from newborn. Whilst I was a little anxious to begin with and would check on a regular basis, I soon learned to relax and let them get on with it :) I decided not to worry over things too much. Jake has a bumper on his cot (there can be drafts in their room) and has been swaddled, but he was fine. I'm not saying you should do it as well, just saying it's down to what you are comfortable with and a lot of common sense. But it's worth it for a comfortable sleeping baby.

Jake's now a side-sleeper and Bella sleeps in any position!

My avatar
poppysmum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby poppysmum » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:36 pm

Both of mine were tummy sleepers and still are hun :)

I will put this bump on his tummy if thats what he wants too ....

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:09 pm

I am a huge worrier and invested in an angelcare monitor so if thats an option?

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby evansmummy » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:09 pm

Thanx ladies :mrgreen: he sleeps with me in the night so isn't a problem tummy wise as long as I'm there he sleeps :wink:

Definatly day naps worry me - today I totally stripped our bed and put him bang in the middle? I think if I put him in his Moses basket I'd be worse :oops:

Thanx for the tips, once we sort the cot out il be brave and put him in there for the day time :D Lisa we one of those in the box still think il break it out...

Return to Baby and Toddler