hf1

Poorly kieren.help!

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Poorly kieren.help!

Postby megansmummy » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:12 am

Kieren had a terrible temp over the weekend so I got him into the docs Monday afternoon...the doc said K's chest was clear but his left ear was blocked and red, so he gave him anti biotics which we started Monday night but yesterday started complaining of ear ache in the other ear ( holding it, crying and saying Ouch) and he has a really awful cough...its making throw up :( he is constantly coughing and can't really talk because he is literal coughing every couple of seconds :(

Do I just need to ride this out?? Or could there be something else going in? He was sick three times in tonight from coughing, he is shattered and miserable :(

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Poorly kieren.help!

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:53 am

I would be tempted to at least ring the doc's and possibly take him back if he is worse from monday.

Coughing and throwing up is not nice. At least if you go back and docs say ride it out you will know you are doing all you can. x :hug:

My avatar
usinukveg
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby usinukveg » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:06 am

i think that's a good idea to call the doc. I once called the doc about something that was bothering me but i didn't feel was too serious, and they told me to come straight away :shock: It doesn't take them a long time to answer a quick call and it's better to be safe in my opinion.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:07 am

:hug: :hug:
Poor wee lamb, maybe give it another day or so with the anti b's, it took a good few days before G stopped saying her ears were sore. Also keep his room cool at night, the head end of his bed raised and yes I know I bang on but a humidifier, a neighbour has one of ours just now for their daughter and it is working wonders, we got a new one last week in tkmaxx for £10

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:32 am

hugs. Chances are it.s all viral so the antibiotics may not help much.it.s horrid when they are ill.as long as he.s drinking enough that.s the main thing and regular calpol etc.hope he is on the mend soon. There seems to be a few nasty cold type bugs around atm.most gps happily see kids if you're worried.

Return to Baby and Toddler