hf1

He can't breathe :(

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

He can't breathe :(

Postby charlibunny » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:47 am

At night my poor baby can't breathe. Im not being over the top, i actually mean he finds it that hard to breathe through his nose he gets distressed and so do i, he snorts and snores when he tries to breathe. He is up most of the night because of it and it's pretty scary. He does not have a cold, i thought he did at birth but 6 weeks on and his nose is just getting worse. There is no snot, nothing and in the day he seems much better???
I have tried elevating his basket, co-sleeping, olbas oil, windows open, steam and nothing helps him :cry: :cry:
He is so desperate to sleep but he cant. This morning i was in tears as he was gulping for breath and he looked so scared :cry:
My HV yesterday said it would be his tiny air passages just need to grow. What a crock of cr*p.
He is in at the doctors thursday but i just can't be fobbed off there too.
ANY advice? Im not enjoying seeing my little 6 week old fighting to breathe at all.

Adnoids? could it be those? Could it be related to his gross green poo all day? HV says no.... won't let me cut out dairy..

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: He can't breathe :(

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:49 am

It could very possibly be his nasal passages being narrow but by that I mean too narrow, a friend of ours DS was born with too narrow nasal passages, sounds like you need a referal to ENT ASAP :hug:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:50 am

Oh and if you thing cutting out dairy might help then do it, he is your baby not the HV's, she can offer advice but that is all it is, you do not need to do what she says at all :wink:

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:54 am

I have no idea about the breathing but really hope the doctors take you seriously

Kirstyh wrote:Oh and if you thing cutting out dairy might help then do it, he is your baby not the HV's, she can offer advice but that is all it is, you do not need to do what she says at all :wink:

I was going to say that, it's your decision what foods you choose to eat so just do it :hug: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
shoogah01
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby shoogah01 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:56 am

Sounds like his nasal passages to me, my nephew had his adenoids out because they were too big but he had a lot of snot (got to the point that he was waking every morning covered in it)

when Euan was tiny he was similar but he grew out of it. I would push for a referal to see if they can stretch the passages a little bit to help

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:01 am

Actually thinking about it the breathing probs could be related to a milk intolerance/allergy.

My avatar
LilMrsAverage
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby LilMrsAverage » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:07 am

babyroo wrote:I have no idea about the breathing but really hope the doctors take you seriously

Kirstyh wrote:Oh and if you thing cutting out dairy might help then do it, he is your baby not the HV's, she can offer advice but that is all it is, you do not need to do what she says at all :wink:

I was going to say that, it's your decision what foods you choose to eat so just do it :hug: :hug: :hug:

WTS HV can't stop you cutting out dairy! x

My avatar
peachy.moo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby peachy.moo » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:08 am

Think it can be related to reflux as well- Arlo's fine in the day but gets snuffly at night (effects feeding not sleep though thankfully) in the day he breaths real heavy, then doesn't at night.... He also chokes & can't breath when he feeds on & off (have to bounce/ jiggle him to get him to take a breath) which is all things Elsie did too....

As for dairy, if you want to cut it out, do!!! I never see a HV (they don't really call ESP if your on your 3rd!!) & I decided to cut back on dairy as it was the only thing that seemed to effect him.... :hug:

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:18 am

She said if i cut out dairy i might get ill and so will he. She spoke to the stupid old school pead (who told me Soph was autistic) and this was the advice she gave her....
He struggles when he feeds too and gets very angry.

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler