hf1

He can't breathe :(

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: He can't breathe :(

Postby evansmummy » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:30 am

The only other suggestion I'd have is reflux as he sounds like Noah, snorting, sound full of snot but isn't, snores and panics alot. My brother had narrow passageways and my mum says he was the same, I assumed noahs was more reflux related as he gags alot too and throws up liquid gold alot :-?

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:30 am

She sounds useless hun :hug: go with your instincts and if you are happy to give it a try then do it. Someone could eat dairy but have a generally rubbish diet - it doesn't mean you are eating better just becuase you have dairy :roll:

I've just bumped an old thread about calcium in foods for you.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:37 am

Charli, I would seriously consider cutting dairy if I were you.

Jake's on a low dairy formula, but still has the nasal/chest congestion associated with dairy intolerance and the only way we'd get rid of that is to put him on Neocate, which the GP won't do. He keeps telling me Jake has had a constant cold since he was born - in his words "Bella is a bag of bugs and constantly exposing Jake to colds etc". Hmmm, maybe some bugs, but not ALL the time.

But, it doesn't bother him too much any more, and it certainly isn't as bad as when he was on normal formula, when he really couldn't breathe unless propped upright.

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:42 am

My first who had dairy issues sounded snuffly and struggled to breath some nights. Turned out he had silent reflux so was almost constantly gargling what he had just drank :( He also had a runny nose all the time as his allergy triggered his nasal passages to narrow. Same as like with hayfever etc. For a while he would only be able to sleep and breath properly in his bouncy chair :oops:

I would cut out dairy and see how you go. If it makes a difference then brill, if it doesnt Id push for an ENT referral for him.

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:51 am

Well thankfully i think the GP i have is pretty good (and pretty dishy :oops: :giggle: ), and it also goes in my favour with Sophies severe allergies i suppose. His weight gain is fantastic, he has gone from 9lb to 10lb in 2 weeks :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
His breathing bothers Mick, and seriously anyone who has met my Fella will know nothing bothers him but even he is saying he needs sorting ASAP.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:57 am

charlibunny wrote:
Kirstyh wrote:
charlibunny wrote:She said if i cut out dairy i might get ill and so will he. She spoke to the stupid old school pead (who told me Soph was autistic) and this was the advice she gave her....
He struggles when he feeds too and gets very angry.

but you cut out dairy before and was fine :-?

Yes but as a 4th time mother she obviously thinks i wont try and suppliment my diet to meet my :bf: needs.
:evil: :evil:

Honistly ignore her...if you think it will help then do it...after everything i went through with Kieren to get his allergy diagnosed I wouldnt think twice about giving up dairy to keep :bf: if i thought Darcie had any problems...I only wish i had know and done the same when Kieren was having his problems...i thought it was more reflux related than milk allergy...

:hug: D is very snuffly at night and i think it is related to reflux...however during the day she is fine...she is sicky but it doesnt bother her...im pretty sure she has some type of reflux but she is happy enough...

My avatar
babiesgalore+1more
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby babiesgalore+1more » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:04 pm

Sounds like the issues I'm having with my nearly 5wk old little one...

He is very fussy in the day and needs to be carried/cuddled in a semi upright position. Since Easter it's got worse (which I think is all the chocolate i've eaten!!!) he is sniffly, can't breathe through his nose properly, jiggling on the boob, arching his back and has started having really watery (even for BF) slightly green poo which has got loads of mucous trails in. My DD has milk allergy and was on neocate formula from 4 months and these were the all the symptoms beforehand so looks like another dairy elimination for me. I think you should just try cutting down on dairy and see if he improves. Big hugs though hun, I know what you're going through.xxx

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby indigosky2k » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:14 pm

I agree with the others Charli it sounds like a reflux issue. M is much more refluxxy than K was and she is really snuffly in the morning, it kind of builds up through the night. She is fine through the day and has got much better over the last few weeks, but in the early weeks she was much worse. Ignore the HV and cut out dairy, you've done it before and have nothing to lose, and possibly everything to gain in a happy baby who can breath at night so you can all get more sleep.
:hug: :hug: :hug: Trust your instinct on this hun :hug:

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler