hf1

To have a nursery or not?

My avatar
NaturalNursery
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

To have a nursery or not?

Postby NaturalNursery » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:22 pm

Before E was born, we did the whole nursery thing but then she never ever went in it. And I mean, 4 hours total before we moved when she was 1 and then didn't do a room for her in the new house until she was 3 years old.

I fully expect this one to be co-sleep with us too so the question is, do I bother doing a nursery this time round?

We have the room for it (it is currently my office but I can always move the stuff out) and people keep asking when we are going to start decorating the nursery but I just don't seem to be able to get round to it.

Am I being silly and I should just knuckle down and get on with it?

Axx

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: To have a nursery or not?

Postby beck » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:25 pm

We did a nursery for the girls and were much like you in that they co slept or slept on our room at the very least so when William was born we just set a cot up in our room and decorated the wall above it with wall stickers and that was it. We then did his own room up when he started sleeping in his own room at around one. So no I wouldn't bother of they aren't going to use it for a good while.

My avatar
Dark Star Designs
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Dark Star Designs » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:42 pm

Mine never had a nursery, always seemed a bit weird to do a room for a baby when they wouldn't be in there for a few years :wink: My 5 year old has only recently gone into the spare room :D

My avatar
NaturalNursery
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby NaturalNursery » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:31 pm

Thanks - that makes me feel much better.

Think I was getting worried as friends seemed to expect we would do a nursery.

Axx

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:43 pm

Rhys went into his own room at about 6 months. Honestly, I'd move them sooner next time round I think. For the entire 6 months either we were waking him or I was awake the whole time by being hyper-sensitive to him breathing and wriggling. Everything changed once he moved into his own room. He's just a boy who likes his own space though, always has, and he much prefers being just left alone to go to sleep. He hates it if he has to sleep with us in the room.
Having said that, in the last year or so he's started coming into us any time from 5am and sleeping the rest of the night in our bed :lol:

Co-sleeping with him is an incredibly uncomfortable experience though (always has been, since about 3m old, but especially now as he's getting older and more and more wriggly and active), due to his foot brace. Getting kicked hard in the head at 5.30am with a steel bar isn't fun :hohoho:

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Sun May 01, 2011 8:15 am

We had a nursery for our 2. Naps were always taken in the cot. What do you do without a cot for the naps once they get wriggly?

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby becky1978 » Sun May 01, 2011 3:18 pm

I don't have a nursery for this baby. It will co sleep with us for at least 6 months I guess (well there will be the option of a moses basket by the bed but if it is anything like Archie, then it won't get used :giggle: )

I will then put Archie and Cam in together later on in the year/early part of next year, and the baby will have Archie's room where the cot is.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sun May 01, 2011 3:39 pm

Ours have al had their own rooms, Anna went into hers at 2 weeks as she hated being in with us, g went into hers at 5weeks when she started to sleep though. They were never decorated as nurseries though, sure they had nice curtains etc but never did thie baby wall Borders etc or the changing station thing, just didn't see the point x

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Sun May 01, 2011 4:15 pm

We have a nursery, although DD was in with us until 5 months we used it for nappy changing (our bathroom is small), clothes, nappy, toy, book storage etc. we will be moving DD to her new bedroom when she's about 2 so we can use the nursery again when we have no 2.

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler