hf1

Moving to his sisters room

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Moving to his sisters room

Postby happytails » Mon May 02, 2011 2:34 pm

Lucas is 18 weeks and much prefers to sleep on his own than in our bed :shock: so he has been in his cot for 4 weeks now and sleeps a lot better but we still cause him to wake/stir when we go to bed or move on bed at all (it's very squeaky) so figured we would move him into dd's room.

Problem is dd is 26m and still wakes most nights and worried it will wake him and DS wakes for a feed most nights, usually 1 but sometimes 2. They go to bed around the same time so I think this may be easier them going to bed together after a week or so.

Wwyd? And how would I introduce to change for the kids if we went ahead and put them together.

Thanks xx

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Moving to his sisters room

Postby e586 » Mon May 02, 2011 2:40 pm

we put Natalie and Ryan together when Ryan was 6 months, Natalie was coming up to 2 and it worked really well. They adjusted quickly and without a lot of fuss, and soon got used to the other one waking (we were the same, Natalie woke in the night and Ryan fed a lot still) and slept through it. In fact, Ryan slept much better than he ever did in our room!

good luck!

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Mon May 02, 2011 2:57 pm

i hope it goes well for you

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Mon May 02, 2011 4:01 pm

No advice but neither of mine liked being in my bed at all :wink: It made Max worse if anything :shock:

Good Luck

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Mon May 02, 2011 4:46 pm

Hope it goes well :) Dd will be going in with ds relatively soon I think (probably about a month time). I love having her in our room but she sleeps through quite happily and like your littl one she stirs when w go up to bed.

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nappynutter » Mon May 02, 2011 7:20 pm

happytails wrote:Lucas is 18 weeks and much prefers to sleep on his own than in our bed :shock: so he has been in his cot for 4 weeks now and sleeps a lot better but we still cause him to wake/stir when we go to bed or move on bed at all (it's very squeaky) so figured we would move him into dd's room.

Problem is dd is 26m and still wakes most nights and worried it will wake him and DS wakes for a feed most nights, usually 1 but sometimes 2. They go to bed around the same time so I think this may be easier them going to bed together after a week or so.

Wwyd? And how would I introduce to change for the kids if we went ahead and put them together.

Thanks xx

Current advice is for babies to be in the same room until at least 6 months because of the risk of SIDS (doesn't have to be bed sharing, room sharing is fine too). Waking/stirring is healthy and safe - longer periods of deep sleep are very dangerous for little babies.

What he is doing is normal, it doesn't mean he doesn't like co-sleeping or that you are disturbing him. If you don't want to co-sleep for another reason then I would keep him in the cot in your room.

I wouldn't put a baby in a bedroom with a toddler. I can think of all sorts of horrible consequences.

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Mon May 02, 2011 7:29 pm

I have to say, I would never have put Isaac in with Jonah at that age. I never left them alone together until Isaac was much older even though Jonah was so gentle with him.

Jonah hated any fuss, he just wanted to go to sleep on his own so we just put him down and left him. He was in our room until 7 months though, the same with Isaac.

My friend put her DD2 in with DD1 when DD1 was 3.5 & DD2 was 6 m/o and all went well. Hope you find a solution :D

Return to Baby and Toddler