hf1

Should i leave him?

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Should i leave him?

Postby anothersquish » Tue May 03, 2011 11:55 am

I agree, go to the appointment, feed him just before you go out and then let Mick take him for a long walk. From Theo being a few days old I had to leave him for an hour and a half in the evenings to go muck the horses out and he was always 100% fine, hed just feed when I left and when I got back, never had a bottle or had to resort to EBM (though I always left some just incase)
I felt bad at first but now hes older I can see it did him no harm at all and did me a huge world of good especially when he went through the phase of waking every 40-50 minutes alllll night...that hour by myself was heaven.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue May 03, 2011 11:59 am

Louise wrote:
charlibunny wrote:Hmm i don't know. I can see this being one of those things that makes me not sleep at night with worry so i may cancel. Feel a bit bad as Mick is working 15 hours today just so he can do this for me. I have already turned down once in a lifetime concert tickets because i can't leave Stanley with my mum for 3 hours at the end of May :(

Aww :hug: I woud go. If he becomes really unsettled then Mick can always bring him to the hairdressers if necessary. :hug:

Totally agree. Just go, baby will be fine and so will Mick, surely he knows how to look after a baby now :wink: and it is only for a couple of hours after all xx

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Tue May 03, 2011 12:01 pm

CHARLIE YOU HAVE TO GO.
Worst case scenario is he becomes unsettled and Mick has to bring him down to the salon. The salon will have a staff room which I'm sure they would let you feed in or under the gown like Kimberly said. Or if the sling / cloth over you both, No one will see a thing!!
Honestly hun it will be fine , there is nothing to worry about.
It will be good for Mick to have some one on one time with him .

This is a silly little saying but so true
If you always do , what you have always done. You always get , what you have always got.

Basically you won't know if he will be fine unless you go! :hug: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Tue May 03, 2011 12:10 pm

I think that if you really aren't happy with leaving Stanley, then you will be worrying instead of enjoying your 'you' time. Could you get a mobile hairdresser to come to your house instead? Mick could take the children out for a couple of hours, so you still get some time to yourself, but if Stanley gets unsettled, Mick could bring him home again. If you use a mobile hairdresser who is a mum (I think there are a few out there) then she would understand if you need to stop halfway through your appointment to feed Stanley. Just an idea! The first time I left DD was when I went for a hair appointment too :wink:

My avatar
Lizw
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Lizw » Tue May 03, 2011 7:48 pm

My dh did similar for my birthday and I fed Dan before I went, leaving a bottle of expressed breast milk. My husband took Dan for a walk and he slept for 3 hours. It was really hard so I know what you mean but my hairdresser is a dad himself and said if the little one needed feeding then he would be happy to take a break for me to do that.
Hope all goes well, you will have to post a picture of your lovely new hair :D

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Wed May 11, 2011 8:59 am

I would say go for it! Having my hair cut is the only break I ever get from my daughter, and although I love being with her it is also so nice to have a little me time. It is easier now she is a bit older and stays at home with hubby or they have a wander round town. The first time I had my hair done after having my daughter I got him to sit in the coffee shop opposite so that if he needed me then he could just bring her over.

Hope you make the decision that makes you happiest x

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Wed May 11, 2011 9:04 am

I cancelled it as i had a home hairdresser booked as a gift by a friend. Now the hairdresser is poorly in hospital so im not getting it done at all.
Thanks for all your help and advice.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Wed May 11, 2011 9:14 am

:( Hope you get it done soon hun :hug:

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler