hf1

Help with keeping him in bed

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Help with keeping him in bed

Postby Kirstyh » Wed May 04, 2011 9:59 pm

glue not acceptable but gaffa tape may be (glue causes fumes), what about nails or staples :giggle: sorry sorry not much help at all really!!

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Site Supporter

Postby JabberJabber » Wed May 04, 2011 10:00 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:Have you tried sitting with him? I know with Grace she'd just treat it as a game though...
So what about sitting outside the door or is that similar to rapid return?

How much sleep does he get in 24hrs?

I have started to wonder if it is a nap thing. He no longer naps at nursery, but will sleep on the way home in the car, so for about 30 mins- 1hr depending on traffic etc!

I've tried sitting in with him, but he gets up and walks out! If I hold/ cuddle him on the chair, he plays with my hair and face. He's not crying, as our rule is that he is picked up if he cries and not left to cry it out. He doesn't seem upset or frightened.

I think he gets about 9 - 10 hours sleep in 24 hours at the moment. He's dog tired, but keeps going!

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Wed May 04, 2011 10:01 pm

When my neices were little I would go up with them and read in bed til they dropped off (fast!) then sneak out to go and do whatever then climb back in bed. The eldest was horrific for night waking at that point but I only co slept with her for about 8 weeks and then she suddenly decided she was a "big girl" and just started sleeping perfectly well in her own room again, the middle girl stayed in with me I think for a bit longer and she went into a toddler bed next to mine for a few weeks inbetween too and I remember that she spent about a week sleeping on the landing floor between the two bedrooms as well LOL
It might be worth a go sticking a toddler bed/readybed thing in your room and see? Get some relaxing time whilst he drops off then do house work and go to bed afterwards?

Glue sounds good though, I must say I find the sticking power of Duct tape to be excellent.

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Site Supporter

Postby JabberJabber » Wed May 04, 2011 10:02 pm

Kirsty, we might need to get a stairgate that is easy to remove! We'd have to get one that would come down at our bedtime or we couldn't close the door.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed May 04, 2011 10:05 pm

JabberJabber wrote:Kirsty, we might need to get a stairgate that is easy to remove! We'd have to get one that would come down at our bedtime or we couldn't close the door.

ours is a travel one, just pops on and off

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Wed May 04, 2011 10:10 pm

Think it is the age for it. I d echo the nap thing. We had to drop any day time nap at this age as any nap in the day would mean she would be awake till 9pm even if it was half an hour. It did make just before tea a stressful time as she would hit a wall. We just had to struggle through it, it does pass I promise.

We also started story tapes and lullaby music after we d done our usual routine and left her to listen to that. We d also then put this on in the night if she woke up. We still do this now at 3 1/2 and it seems to work well. She likes squash and a squeeze :)

We too can't stay with her as it unsettles her more and we d fall asleep before her if stay with her or co sleep lol! Tried and tested!

If my dd1 can t sleep she ll shout rather than get up but I always do a " have a try and I ll check you in 5mins " etc and put bigger gaps in-between checks.

It does get better, :hug: it s blooming hard work though at the time.

Ps - crossed posts with a few people ... Def nap after nursery won t help but tricky keeping them awake in a car

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Wed May 04, 2011 10:42 pm

Kirstyh wrote:glue not acceptable but gaffa tape may be (glue causes fumes), what about nails or staples :giggle: sorry sorry not much help at all really!!

I was going to suggest Duct Tape. Comes in bright colours too :giggle:

:hug: :hug: :hug: Hun. Dawnie just recently went through a phase of getting into my bed at about 2/3am.

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby indigosky2k » Wed May 04, 2011 10:50 pm

I think it's an age thing as well. I'm having real problems with Kacie when she naps through the day, but she still doesn't seem quite ready to drop it altogether. If she falls asleep I can not wake her up, I've tried all sorts, short of a cold wet flannel which is something my mum did to me and I hated it, so I refuse to resort to that :giggle:

I have another friend who's DD did a similar thing when she was around 2 and a third friend whos DD is currently do the same thing and she is about a month older than Kacie. Both were fab sleepers before hitting this phase.

So yes, just a phase you may have to ride out, but :hug: :hug: :hug: because it is truly exhausting.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Thu May 05, 2011 5:00 am

all i can say is :roll: :roll: :roll:

I have just bought the no cry sleep solution toddler /pre school version! so i will let you know how that goes

If izzy isnt tired then she wont go to bed so were stuck with that phase of dropping the nap which seems to have been going on for months on and off :waiting:

The most sucessful nights are when i stay with her til she falls asleep or putting her in myy bed or "daddys" bed as she calls it :giggle: Im not a big fan of cosleeping for same reasons Kate so she gets transferred when we go to bed, then she comes back in about 5/6 and satys with us for a bit.

Its all abit up in the air atm so liek i said ill read book then get back to you with hopefully some good advice :hug:

PreviousNext

Return to Baby and Toddler