hf1

My Toddler Has Turned Into A Eating Machine!

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

My Toddler Has Turned Into A Eating Machine!

Postby BingBongBoo » Mon May 09, 2011 6:44 am

My DD just turned 2 and has always been something of a picky eater. She's never had a huge appitite either. But for the last week or so she has been eating what seems like an enormous amout to me. For example, this morning for breakfast she had a large banana, a slice of wholemeal toast and a handful of dry cheereos - all washed down with a cup of whole milk. And based on the form of the last few days, she will want a substantial snack mid morning as well. This is at least twice the amount she would have had a couple of weeks ago. Is this normal? Could it be a growth spurt? I don't want her to go hungry obviously but at the same time, I don't want to overfeed her.

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: My Toddler Has Turned Into A Eating Machine!

Postby ladybird » Mon May 09, 2011 6:52 am

Sounds like a growth spurt. Children generally stop when they've had enough. My lot would put down a half finished cake if they have had enough. Having said that, if my older boys ask for seconds I tend to ask them if they are really still hungry before dishing any more up, but that's usually my 9yr old who is just starting to eat extra for the taste iyswim.

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby girlinleeds » Mon May 09, 2011 7:09 am

yesterday for breakfast pippa had 3 bowls of rice crispies, two bowls of shreddies and a banana :shock: i just couldn't fill her but then she hardly ate anything the rest of the day. pippa goes through stages of eating loads and then eating next to nothing but she's healthy so i just follow her lead
xx

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon May 09, 2011 7:42 am

Yeah sounds like a growth spurt.
G can have 3 breakfasts of a morning, snack, lunch, snack and tea then a couple of days later not eat much after lunch. x

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Mon May 09, 2011 7:51 am

Like already said, could be a growth spurt. Jonah would easily eat a 3 course breakfast every day! She'll stop when she's full, they usually do unless it's something they are really enjoying like my 2 do :lol:

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby g murphy » Mon May 09, 2011 8:04 am

wow!!! Harry never eats breakfast even though i give him it every day! infact he hardly eats anything at all! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Mon May 09, 2011 8:43 am

Roo is a right picky eater some days and other days he would eat all day long. I just try to trust his judgement on his food intake and offer healthy things on his hungry days.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Mon May 09, 2011 9:49 am

I echo what the others said...some days mine will eat tonnes and then other days not so much...its probably a growth spurt though if its been constant for a few days or so :) I dont think you can over feed them really...

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby BingBongBoo » Mon May 09, 2011 1:39 pm

Thanks for the reassurance everyone! She didn't want a snack this morning in the end and didn't eat lunch until 12.00 so I guess her massive breakfast kept her going. Will give her healthy stuff if she's hungry and try not to stress about it.

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler