hf1

Cot to bed

My avatar
jennyclaire
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Cot to bed

Postby jennyclaire » Mon May 09, 2011 3:25 pm

how old was your little one when they moved from a cot to a bed? My son is still in his cot and he seems happy enough. He is 2 years and 3 months. He did climb out once of his cot but since then he hasn't again. Think it may have scared him. He has a stair gate on his door in case he did it again. .. not sure when to move him into a bed..

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Cot to bed

Postby anothersquish » Mon May 09, 2011 3:28 pm

Ive never used a cot but my eldest went into his own bed at 15 months ish (his choice!) and T has his own bed he naps in now (also 15 months) and sometimes he decides to start the night in it. My neices were all between 18 months and 2 years when they went into a bed.

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Mon May 09, 2011 3:33 pm

M is same as your son, and she's still in her cot. She's perfectly happy with it, and so are we.

We have to decide if we will put a stair gate on her door or just at the top of the stairs, but we like to be able to close her door as we walk past her on way to bed and can wake her up if the door's open. Do you just leave the door open?

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Mon May 09, 2011 3:34 pm

We took the cot sides of ds's cot bed last week, he has just turned 20 months. We took the plunge because he had started to cry to be taken out (he doesnt have the wit to climb out bless him) rather than sitting and talking to his teddy like he had done previously. The move went really well. We just have a stair gate at the top of the stairs so he can come through in the morning.

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Mon May 09, 2011 3:36 pm

ryan went in to a bed at 14 mouths as he kept climing out of his and hurting him self but be's been in his bed since then and had no problems till now :roll:

My avatar
Karanj56
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Karanj56 » Mon May 09, 2011 3:41 pm

Erin was 21 months. We didnt want her climbing and she was happy enough sleeping in everyone elses bed that we figured she would like her own "big girl" bed.

Its worked great and she has been fine. We do have a gate on her room though after a couple of weeks of 4am visits.

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Postby girlinleeds » Mon May 09, 2011 3:50 pm

we took the sides of pippa's cot at 17 months as she was climbing out and she was fine xx

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby justme123 » Mon May 09, 2011 3:51 pm

I think George was about 2 or just after. Alex was 14 months after he climbed out :-)

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon May 09, 2011 4:03 pm

ours were all 14 months for various reasons
Kieran because Anna was on the ay and we needed the cot
Anna because she asked to
Gracie because she climbed out and threw herself on the floor x

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler