hf1

My boy needs to poo.!

My avatar
Rebeccar75
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

My boy needs to poo.!

Postby Rebeccar75 » Fri May 13, 2011 6:07 pm

My ds has just started for proper on solids and hasn't been for a poo for a week..... He has farts that compete with his mummy's at the mo!! Any tips on getting his little bowels moving??? :oops:

Rebecca x

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: My boy needs to poo.!

Postby beck » Fri May 13, 2011 6:20 pm

Maybe some cool boiled water or a little bit of prunes. If he doesn't seem in pain and if he is breastfed then I wouldnt worry to much. If he is in pain I always found that laying them on their backs and pumping their legs like a bicycle helped alot.

My avatar
Rebeccar75
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Rebeccar75 » Fri May 13, 2011 6:33 pm

Well I thought about prunes but how many..??? Don't want to overdose him (results could be catastrophic!!!) He seems to be really uncomfortable at times and then it goes again so guess depends on his positioning... think I will be bicycling his little legs in the morning...

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Fri May 13, 2011 6:34 pm

beck wrote:Maybe some cool boiled water or a little bit of prunes. If he doesn't seem in pain and if he is breastfed then I wouldnt worry to much. If he is in pain I always found that laying them on their backs and pumping their legs like a bicycle helped alot.

WSS, adding a wee tick of brown sugar to the water will help x

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Fri May 13, 2011 7:04 pm

Health visitor suggested freshly squeezed orange juice in cooled boiled water to us, I can't remember how much though think it was a tiny amount oj to an oz of water. Also rubbing the tummy in a clockwise direction can help.

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Fri May 13, 2011 7:25 pm

We were told either brown sugar or freshly squeezed orange juice in cooled boiled water (although if you're past sterilising age then I think just tap water would be fine) by a gastroenterologist. Prune juice, dried fruit, particularly apricots seem to work well too.

My avatar
Jellybelly6
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Jellybelly6 » Fri May 13, 2011 7:50 pm

A deep warm bath and clockwise tummy rub and good old bicycle legs. Hope he feels better soon. :hug:

My avatar
Rebeccar75
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Rebeccar75 » Fri May 13, 2011 8:06 pm

Thanks for all the advice. I will report back when/if there is any movement on the situation hehe..

Rebecca

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Fri May 13, 2011 9:34 pm

we have used OJ sucessfully in the past, hope you find soemthing that works

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler