hf1

My boy needs to poo.!

My avatar
Rebeccar75
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: My boy needs to poo.!

Postby Rebeccar75 » Sat May 14, 2011 5:57 pm

Hi, thought I'd drop by with an update. I have to say that after a day of having ds in sposies (was really scared of the pending explosion hehehe..) nothing has happened!! I got up this morning and cooked 2 prunes and 2 apricots and then pureed them with a good amount of water - the little guy scoffed them down with delight, I then waited and waited and.... still waiting! I haven't fed him since (well obviously bf just not solids) and will hang on till tomorrow and then try again - maybe try water with a little brown sugar in next.

However, I did wonder whether the lack of results means that he's not as blocked as I thought, but then again, the last poo was last Saturday... and my hubby said he's been farting for Britain all afternoon!!

Rebecca :wave:

My avatar
Rufies mama
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: My boy needs to poo.!

Postby Rufies mama » Sun May 15, 2011 6:30 pm

I had the same problem with my baby and I found that if he hadn't had a good poo that day he'd have horrendous nights and kept crying on and off all night. I solved the problem by getting a potty and sitting him on it 3 times a day(!) Once first thing after waking up in the morning and immediately after his meals (lunch and supper). Sitting on the potty gives him the benefit of gravity (just like giving birth upright), also his knees are up and his 'passages' are opened. I also tend to part his buttocks as he sits on it to open the 'door' a little further. I give him a toy and make a very embarrassing straining face (which has become our cue) and right from the very first time I sat him on (he was 7 months) he did a poo! He know just what a potty is for now (9 months). He now does at least one poo, usually two poos a day on the potty, his nights are MUCH better, and I rarely have pooey nappies! So no stains. Its great because he doesn't spend anytime sitting in poo before I realise its there and so his skin is lovely and never red. Just imagine trying to have a poo with your cheeks pressed together and sitting or laying on a firm flat surface. Not my idea of fun :lol:

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler