hf1

2 year olds and sleeping at night

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: 2 year olds and sleeping at night

Postby gilbertandmartha » Wed May 18, 2011 12:37 pm

Noooooo I didnt want it to be nap related I wanted some magic cure!!!!

I'm not ready to drop the nap while we're in this apartment, and as they are quite happy playing I think I'll just leave them to it, and then when we move into our house (when we get that sorted) I'll do it then.

I am going to get some more blackout blinds today as the one i have doesnt quite cover the window and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks though

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed May 18, 2011 12:53 pm

[quote="northernruth"

You have my sympathy, I well remember traipsing up and down stairs for an hour trying to settle hern and how I miss those naps!!![/quote]
I used to but them in our bed and nap with them :giggle:

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Wed May 18, 2011 3:04 pm

I've been having problems with getting DS to bed, and there's a topic on this here
It's a nap thing for us too, DS does still need a nap sometimes, but if he does he can't go to bed at 7-7.30. Grrr!

I used to love the hour or so I had to myself, as I got all the 'stuff' done, but I DS to help me now. :giggle:

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Wed May 18, 2011 3:19 pm

Kirstyh wrote:
northernruth wrote:
You have my sympathy, I well remember traipsing up and down stairs for an hour trying to settle hern and how I miss those naps!!!

I used to but them in our bed and nap with them :giggle:

that's what we do on holiday Kirsty - we take it in turns!!!!

My avatar
tinkerbell
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby tinkerbell » Wed May 18, 2011 9:29 pm

My DS has just turned 3 and stopped having an afternoon nap about 2 and a half ish. Although he still maybe had one or two naps a week as he seemed to need it. At first I actually found it took him longer to get to sleep at night when he hadn't napped as he was overtired and couldn't wind down. I'd say just let them nap. The blinds thing made me laugh as I remember when DS pulled the cord completely out of the roller blinds as I had been safety concious and cut the cord in case he got his neck caught in it...probably not very safe for him to have an entire length of blind cord either lol!

My avatar
adonoghue
Clothie
Clothie

Postby adonoghue » Wed May 18, 2011 11:48 pm

I'm going to go totally against the grain here and say that *possibly* it is not that they are NOT tired, but that they are OVER-tired.
DS is just two and there is no way he could make it through the day without a good nap--at least 1 1/2 hours. I've noticed that if he's up later than usual or doesn't have as good of a nap in the day, he gets restless and agitated at bedtime--it's like his brain has turned off but his body keeps moving :roll: His best bedtime is between 7-7.30 and he'll sleep 12 hours.
Just as an experiment, move their bedtime earlier a little bit each day and see what happens. Hard to do this time of year when the evenings are so bright and we all naturally want to stay up later. The darkening shades work a treat!

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler