Postby sjm » Mon May 23, 2011 8:41 pm

Need some new things to try x

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Tell me your bedtime routine

Postby twinkletot » Mon May 23, 2011 8:46 pm

We start after tea. Nathan watches some tv to relax (unless it's nice and sunny then he plays in the garden). He then goes upstairs and gets dressed for bed and does teeth etc (bath on alternate nights) and then story read then turn off light and into bed. It can take about and hour.

My avatar
LilMrsAverage
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby LilMrsAverage » Mon May 23, 2011 8:52 pm

I'm a slack mum , Dexters is.....

Dexter do you want some milk and bed...

we get milk...we go upstairs to bed :hohoho:

My avatar
chocmuffin
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby chocmuffin » Mon May 23, 2011 8:54 pm

:wave:

Change into night nappies & jammies down stairs
Bath (every other night)
Snuggle on the sofa, whole family & bed time drinks while watching shaun the sheep, 5mins
Brush teeth
Into bed, lights out & doors shut

Not much to ours really, I like to get it over & done with :giggle: We have stories during the day :D

My avatar
willowherb
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby willowherb » Mon May 23, 2011 8:55 pm

After ds has his dinner he then has a bit of play time, i sort out all his bits for bath and bed so they are at the ready and i dont have to hunt around for things. He then has a bath with a little bit of play. After bath into pj's and then teeth and growbag for his story. At the mo im starting to get him to chose his book. Then we turn out the bedside light and he has a little song before going into his cot.

A bit silly really :oops: But i've done it since he was born :oops: , it goes ...
Ten tiny fingers, ten tiny toes
two little ears and one little nose.
Two little eyes that shine so bright
and one little mouth to kiss goodnight.

then he's into his cot with his blanket and teddy and settles down normally on his tummy with his big cloth bum in the air :giggle:

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby clairelou88 » Mon May 23, 2011 8:56 pm

We also start after dinner, he plays for 40mins-1hr, either inside or out. then its up for a bath that can take anything from 10-30mins! straight onto our bed to get in pjs with warm milk while watching simpsons if still on!
graham carries him into his bed and then he reads him a book maybe 2. then tells him night and pulls the door to alittle.
He is very good at going to bed though. we have had this same routine since he was 6months old also :)
HTH :hug:

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Woozle35 » Mon May 23, 2011 9:06 pm

LilMrsAverage wrote:I'm a slack mum , Dexters is.....

Dexter do you want some milk and bed...

we get milk...we go upstairs to bed :hohoho:

:hohoho:

We go upstairs about 6.00 - 6.15, if bath night have a bath, teeth. Get ready for bed. Shout Dh to kiss goodnight. Mess about on bed and then bf until asleep :roll: Usually 30-60 mins.

Apart from this week which has been lie in bed together until 9pm and then come back downstairs and then back up and finally asleep around 9.45.

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Woozle35 » Mon May 23, 2011 9:10 pm

clairelou88 wrote:We also start after dinner, he plays for 40mins-1hr, either inside or out. then its up for a bath that can take anything from 10-30mins! straight onto our bed to get in pjs with warm milk while watching simpsons if still on!
graham carries him into his bed and then he reads him a book maybe 2. then tells him night and pulls the door to alittle.
He is very good at going to bed though. we have had this same routine since he was 6months old also :)
HTH :hug:

Oh I wish Oscar would go to sleep like this.

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Mon May 23, 2011 9:11 pm

On a weekday we get in from work and Ewan has milk and supper.
After that (about 6:30) we play in the family room (no TV) and feed the fish.
Then upstairs, undress, potty (just started this), DH does bath every other night or teeth cleaning / face washing if no bath, I get him dressed for bed and read stories for 15 mins or until 7:30 then Ewan turns out the lamps and turns on his white noise. I give him a cuddle and pass him to DH who settles him to sleep (cuddle in the chair and then into bed). The whole thing takes about an hour, sometime an hour and a half depending on how quickly he settles.

We were having big struggles and tantrums with bedtime and tweaked the routine a little having read No Cry sleep solution for toddlers. Things have improved hugely. He still needs lots of cuddles to get to sleep but we like this so it isn't a problem for us. As we don't see him in the day it is part of our re-bonding IYKWIM?

We usually start the main routine at a similar time on the weekend but without the rush in from work :roll:

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler