hf1

Who else do I have to report back to!?

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Who else do I have to report back to!?

Postby aimeet » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:42 am

:hug: :hug: :hug: Stupid health visitors- mine told me Penny was too big so if you're doing one thing it's wrong, if you do the other it's also wrong. Trust yourself, he's your baby and you know just how to love and cherish him. You have been through so much that you would think that they could leave you alone for a little while. Hold your own and tell them to sod off if they keep it up- obviously use politer language than that though! :giggle: can't imagine that would go down too well.
Congratulations on having your boy at home now x

My avatar
becsom
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby becsom » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:15 am

:hug: :hug: and :wine: :wine: for finally getting James home after such a long stint in SCBU!!

When I got DD1 home, my HV was an utter PITA, coming round EVERY DAY to weigh her when all I wanted to do was settle down and have a bit of time as a family and get used to everything. And she did nothing to help with BFing - I felt like I was constantly doing everything wrong :(

Luckily, I knew the score when DD2 was born early and basically told them all to leave us alone to get on with things and that I'd be in touch with them if I needed anything. Unfortunately, I had no confidence in my own abilities when DD1 was born but in hindsight know that my instinct was the right thing to go with.

Trust your own abilities and tell them all to bu@@er off!! :giggle:

My avatar
twinny11
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby twinny11 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:54 pm

Thank you so much all of you for your support it really means a lot. :hug:
It meant I was much less on edge and more prepared to fight my corner leading up to the HV coming yesterday. It turned out to be a much more positive visit from her in the end. James weighs 7lb 4oz now woop woop! and she was a lot more encouraging and finally happy that he IS following and sticking to "his own line" and admitted that they didn't 'know' him and it's only after a few weeks they can look back and see his own pattern of growth. I just wish they'd accepted that I knew him and supported us and :bf: from the start, they really had me close to giving up! I feel so much less anxious and down than I did before knowing that we are all on the same page and they're not hanging over me anymore, I can finally just relax into it. :wine: ♥ xx

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:18 pm

Great news!!

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler