hf1

No want it!

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: No want it!

Postby mudita » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:26 pm

My son (now over 3yrs) does this when he really needs cuddles or is hurting but can't say how/where, or doesn't realize it so asks for other things then finds they are not satisfying. Probably did start doing this around 2 yrs... I think it gets less when they feel more able to communicate. Probably a million other reasons they do it....but that was the one for us! Haven't found a good solution, other than a hug when nothing is working. :D

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:29 pm

When we had this (a bit) with India I just took away all choices. Its this or nothing. I chose the breakfast cereals, clothes, activities the lot. I think the fact that she had too many choices it he day was frying her brain and it was all just too much for her. We didnt have to do it for very long before she got the message.

My avatar
pinksalmon2001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby pinksalmon2001 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:32 pm

Caroline wrote:When we had this (a bit) with India I just took away all choices. Its this or nothing. I chose the breakfast cereals, clothes, activities the lot. I think the fact that she had too many choices it he day was frying her brain and it was all just too much for her. We didnt have to do it for very long before she got the message.

That is my way of dealing with Tyler too, I like to give him a choice in as many aspects of life as possible but as soon as he starts whinging I take the choices away. He occasionally has a bit of a paddy but soon gives up when he realises that it doesn't make any difference to me :giggle:

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler