hf1

Taking a 1.5 yr old abroad.

My avatar
CherryPie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Taking a 1.5 yr old abroad.

Postby CherryPie » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:54 am

We're thinking of going on holiday in Sept to Turkey for a week but I'm a bit nervous about taking Reuben. I'm worried about the heat, the plane etc so I just wanted to know if any one else has done it and had any problems or if it's been a success? I could leave him with my mum but I'd rather not go than do that as I know I spend the whole time missing him like mad!

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Taking a 1.5 yr old abroad.

Postby ladybird » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:53 am

Dh's parents are in Israel, so similar heat (maybe a little warmer in Israel, being further south???). I would check temps for Sept. I tend to insist we go in the more winter months to Israel, we still find it warm enough in January to swim in the sea - although I do get lots of 'tuts' for grandmothers in their jackets, when they see the kids splashing around :roll: :lol: I think you'll be fine as long as you keep covered up and out of the sun in the middle of the day and keep up hydration levels. I'd go for it!!!

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:12 pm

don't worry about it :hug:

we took ds to australia when he was 11 months, and again when he was 2.5 - both times we had 4 weeks of 40+ degrees. it meant we coulnd't get out as much because the heat was too much for him, but inside was fine with airconditioning

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:23 pm

We go away in July every year and the kids love it, Anna and Grace were both 5 months the first time they went and have been every year since, they are fine on the plane, psp's can play films which are good, we will take the ipad this year for the plane as well, drawing/colouring books are good and we let them wander up the isle so long as they aren't in the way or bothering folk, the staff always stop for a chat. As for the heat, you just have to be sensible about it, G wear one of those all-in-one suits in the day and then late in the afternoon gets her swim suit on, this year we are going to get one of those sun tent things so she can sit in it and draw play her ds etc

My avatar
CherryPie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby CherryPie » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:05 pm

Thanks ladies, I think we're gunna go for it! Just one more question, do you think a night flight would be better as Reubes will be sleeping (*Hopefully* :giggle: )? xx

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:09 pm

I don't think it will make any difference tbh, excitment and new things usually keep them awake, I like a really early morning flight, having to get up at 4am type flight, ours often had a wee snooze after food had been served

Return to Baby and Toddler