hf1

Taking toddler shopping

My avatar
ImisMummy
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Taking toddler shopping

Postby ImisMummy » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:04 pm

Imi hates going shopping as she gets bored sitting in the trolley and wants to be walking.

I was thinking about getting her a toy trolley she can push around herself.

Where is the best/cheapest place to find them?

Has anyone else done the same thing with their toddler?

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Taking toddler shopping

Postby Kirstyh » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:18 pm

G gets bored as well, we just get her to help out by putting things in the trolly or should I say launching things in the trolly or just carrying something, last time was a chocolate cake :giggle:

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby 123princesssammie » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:31 pm

I tried the mini trolley trick with alesha as she was bought one for her birthday and it was a disaster :( , i couldnt watch her and make sure she didnt walk off and ram peoples ankles, whilst trying to do a food shop with a trolley myself, and then other people where basically running her over as they couldnt see her,

snacks and giving her things to carry, choosing items, putting things into the trolley work so much better and are safer :wink:

My avatar
ImisMummy
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ImisMummy » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:56 pm

Im quite lucky as my husband comes shopping as well. So one of us can be doing the shopping and one can be on imi duty!

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:41 am

i don't take ryan food shoping as it's to much hasle so me and ryan stay at home but if i go out for the day with my mum or friend he ok as he has fun and i let ryan walk some of it and that keeps him happy he hates being in the carrier for a long time.

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:53 am

xx
Last edited by tiyuricc on Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:08 am

We got one from John Lewis as a present for DD, we took it shopping once and she loved it for about 20 mins, but then we ended up with her and the trolley in my trolley! I had my husband there that time, but I wouldn't try it on my own. I would leave her at home with DH if he's free and go shopping on your own!

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:38 am

I just leave extra time for shopping tbh, Rob works all the time and so I have to go with just me and Izzy. We either take her pram or her scooter then she gets bored of those :roll: She "helps" me with the shopping I make it into a game for her. EG, "Izzy can you find me bananas?" and get all excited when she finds them and then she puts them in trolley and off we go to next thing. As you can imagine it takes about 2 hours :hohoho: She also says "i need" to cakes a lot so i say "very nice , now quick quick put them back where did they go!" this happens a lot with stuff i don't want in my trolley :giggle:

I tried taking a mini trolley but she filled it really quickly

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:22 am

shop online. its the only way!! xx

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler