hf1

Battle of the wills *sigh*

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Battle of the wills *sigh*

Postby megansmummy » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:16 pm

Kieren is really really testing my patience atm..i know its his age but jeez its really frustrating me/getting me down! Everything is a battle, everything is so much effort, everything is a tantrum/screaming/throwing himself on the floor etc unless he is getting his own way...

I praise the good stuff, try to ignore the rubbish stuff but its making me want to scream!! :x

He wont sit at the table, has decided he wont be eating any food that isnt fruit/veg/yoghurt. Shouts, screams, throws things and demands things, laughs at me when he does things that i repeatedly ask him not to etc :x

Anyonw know where I can buy patience by the bottle? :roll:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Battle of the wills *sigh*

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:19 pm

:hug: :hug: :hug:
Can't begin to imagine how raining that must be, I know every one says to ignore that "bad" stuff but easier said than done x

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby evansmummy » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:23 pm

No magic answer I'm afraid apart from were going through the same thing :-? it's a constant battle ATM proberly made worse by my tiredness :-?

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:31 pm

Kirsty, its so dam frustrating :nonono:

Kim, i think thats part of my problem aswell tbh..

I had enough of him getting on the table at tea time and put him in his cot so that he was away from the table and megan could eat her dinner...no he is back downstairs and saying 'sorry mummy' he KNOWS climbing on the table is naughty and he just has to do it...really pushes my buttons :(

My avatar
ImisMummy
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ImisMummy » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:11 pm

We are just starting to get the tantrum over everything so I can understand how frustrated you are feeling.

Only problem is mine are going to get worse :x

I think if bottles of patience existed, they would sell out very quickly! :hohoho:

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:17 pm

No advice, but know EXACTLY how you feel and lots of :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:52 pm

No advice either babe (sorry am useless) just wanted to let you know you are not alone. Ethan and kieran are only a handful of days apart in age and its something we are battling with daily too at the moment. Some days are much worse than others. I am shattered and hugely preggers so am feeling it a bit more than i normaly would I think. (God help how I will be after the c section as I won't be able to move /lift him when he's throwing a paddy! You have my sympathies hun. Also food is always an issue with ethan...right now all he will eat is grapes/cheese, sausage rolls and fish fingers!!!!not the basis for a healthy diet! :-( x

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:52 pm

It's tough and like you say you kinda have to choose your battles or you'd be constantly 'dealing' with them all day.

Isaac is a feisty spirited soul (or stroppy little so and so as DH calls him :wink: ) but he's also so loving and likes to be the entertainer so will try to make you laugh when you're telling him off. It is hard and when you are tired too you can either be too hard or too soft.

There is no magic solution but if patience was sold in a bottle, I'd have a cupboard full :lookround:

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:36 pm

Amber is like that too, and I have no magic answer :( :hug:

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler