hf1

Help advice please.sleeping issues

My avatar
dawnmurray919
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Help advice please.sleeping issues

Postby dawnmurray919 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:31 pm

ok so emily has nearly always been a fantastic sleeper,and for last year and more has been in her cot at night.put her down and she sleeps.waking up a bit but managable.so a couple of weeks ago she discovered she could jump outta cot and did this all night.so took the bars down and pushed it up against our bed.which resulted in her climbing into our bed,so i bought her ,her own specail little toddlers bed, she will sleep in it when put down first,but then if she wakes at all,straight into my bed,and takes over and screams and screams if put back in her own bed,to the point she'll make herself sick. so lastnight she woke at 12.30 and was awake till nearly 5am. any advice welcomed how to make this transition smoother???? :wave:

My avatar
peachy.moo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Help advice please.sleeping issues

Postby peachy.moo » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:40 pm

Can't help- you know how mine are giggle: but can give some :hug: :hug:

Does she sense that things are up in the air atm with move etc..?

My avatar
dawnmurray919
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby dawnmurray919 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:54 pm

she prob does shes a smart little monkey. oh elisa i dont know how you do it. she wont even nap for me today and shes sooooo tired.

My avatar
jennyclaire
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby jennyclaire » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:44 pm

is her bed in your room or her own room? If her own, then put a stair gate across her door. In your room, then it's more difficult. You need to probably (this is hard) refuse her in your bed and keep putting her back in hers. I'm no expert though, but tough love can work...........

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:58 pm

Is there a massive problem with her being in your bed for a while if thats the way she feels safe/happy to sleep?
If there are other stressers going on she may feel unsettled for a while and just need the added comfort.

Return to Baby and Toddler