hf1

Shoes :-S

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Shoes :-S

Postby AnnetteandBen » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:45 pm

It just hadn't occured to me that being an honorary page boy, Ben would need shoes :shock: as other honorary page boy who is a couple of weeks younger than Ben is already pulling up and is having shoes. Today I went and got Ben measured in Clarks and he is a 3G already (2 1/2 on 1 foot but more a 3 on the other) and tried on their really soft crawling ones and proper first walkers and he was still bouncing up and down with even the heavy shoes on. He is not pulling up yet, but we went on a MASSIVE shoe hunt in Poole (woolies, adams, next, mothercare, primark, M&S, tescos, toysrus etc etc etc) Looked on various websites and then think I have found the most ideal cutest pair in the whole world for a wedding http://earlydays.ltd.uk/catalog.php?pag ... %20Walkers (Model H656 in black). Just waiting to hear back from the other mum of honorary page boy to hear if she likes them as they are matching fully (apart from their choice of nappies I feel!)

My avatar
rachelinscotland
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Shoes :-S

Postby rachelinscotland » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:48 pm

awww they're adorable! :)

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:53 pm

The only problem is now, the other mum doesn't want her son wearing anything not with a width fitting and wants to buy him a pair of clarks shoes right now and so they will all be worn by the time the big day comes :shock:

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:37 pm

As it's for one day only could you both maybe buy some cheap shoes just for that day?

Rhys needs to have properly fitted shoes, measured correctly and width fitted etc etc (gets very expensive :roll:) and we are going to a wedding next month, I'm thinking of going into primark or similar and just getting him a pair of soft prewalkers for that day only, as 1 day won't really matter. It's really hard to find properly fitted shoes for kids here, there's only really clarks, and they don't do anything smart, they're all trainer types in Rhys' size. So to get something smart looking I'm going cheap for one use only.

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:38 pm

oops, LOL just realised this was aaaaaaaaaages ago! :oops:

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:30 pm

Yeap :lol: We ended up getting him a pair of clarks pre walker shoes which thankfully are still fitting 6 weeks later :wine: Brantano also happened to be selling the right size/width/colour at £12 instead of Clarks £20, so I refunded the clarks unworn pair and kept the cheaper ones - this was all before the day in August!

Return to Baby and Toddler