hf1

Well that was upsetting

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Well that was upsetting

Postby Mareth » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:59 pm

Yeah it works pretty well, you don't really need a cloth, unless it's been done with crayons.

My avatar
Soozi
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Soozi » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:23 pm

I definately think you should take it out of the bin , whether she changes her mind or not. I'm so sorry, it sounds a horrible thing to happen :hug:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:28 pm

northernruth wrote:Oh poor Ella, that's just sisters for you tho. Doesn't make it any easier for her when she's put so much effort into something :hug:

See I don't agree, i would never have done anything like that and neither would my kids, I know she is still so wee but they still know right from wrong, don't feel bad for shouting

Poor Ella, she must be gutted :hug: :hug: I would try and rescue it as well, her teacher will appreciate it no matter what condition it is in

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:34 pm

Kirstyh wrote:
northernruth wrote:Oh poor Ella, that's just sisters for you tho. Doesn't make it any easier for her when she's put so much effort into something :hug:

See I don't agree, i would never have done anything like that and neither would my kids, I know she is still so wee but they still know right from wrong, don't feel bad for shouting

Poor Ella, she must be gutted :hug: :hug: I would try and rescue it as well, her teacher will appreciate it no matter what condition it is in

I take huge amounts of time teaching my girls that you should treat others how you wish to be treated, and love your family as you only get one. They were both commended in school reports for caring and considerate natures. Sophie is just a different child, she just does not 'get' emotions yet. She saw me cry not long ago and just ignored me, it didn't phase her at all.
I stuck to my guns and sent her to bed early on her own and i obviously upset her, I felt I needed to punish her but it dos not stop me feeling rotten seeing my 2 year old's lip drop and her cry :cry:

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:36 pm

:hug: no real advice by I think at that age could she just be enjoying getting a reaction of any sort from her sisters rather than being nasty as such?

My avatar
50ftQueenie
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby 50ftQueenie » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:48 pm

Until the age of three they don't really understand the consequences of their actions, so if they hit or destroy something precious they don't really understand that it hurts or upsets. They understand it's wrong because we tell them, but they don't really understand why. I have to explain to Oliver that Martha doesn't actually mean to hurt him when she hits him, she has learned it is a way to stop him doing what it is she doesn't like so that's why she does it. :roll: Sophie is trying to get a reaction out of her sisters and is succeeding when they cry. Toddlers are still learning and testing boundaries. SUCH hard work but totally normal.

Don't feel bad about sending her to her room. Although she doesn't really understand why what she did was wrong, she does need to know that bed behaviour will be punished and Ella needs to see Sophie being punished too. :hug: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:08 pm

Charli don't feel bad, you did the right thing, she has to learn that when her behaviour isn't acceptable there are concequences and you will punish her. I know it feels awful but you need to show Ella that what Sophie did was wrong & that you understand how upset and hurt she is. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler