hf1

Fingers and bodily orifices...

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Fingers and bodily orifices...

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:50 pm

Is anyone else's child obsessed with bodily orifices (only way I could think to put it!) :roll:

If I'm not looking Isabelle constantly has her fingers up her nose and today when she had no pants on they were in her lady parts too and I worried she's going to make herself sore! I don't want to give her a complex about it as that could cause problems later but I equally don't want her a)doing it in public (or at all) and b)making herself sore...
We only took pants off her today because she was mucking about with them and I thought it was easier just to leave them off but NO!

She wants to put her fingers in her bum too once she's poo'd and much as I hate shouting at her I'd rather not have the cleanup job to do :shock:

Nose is the most annoying - I am gradually teaching her to 'itch' her nose from the outside but they do creep up there when she thinks I'm not looking - found her asleep with her fingers partially up her nose the other night :|

She is such a fidget of a child anyway, never happier than when fiddling with something, whether it's pulling fluff off my sheepskin rug, pulling the hair on DH's arms (makes him super cross!) or picking up something I've just put down and would really quite like to stay where I put it THANKYOU... Honestly that child has to touch everything it's so annoying!

Any ideas?! (and yes, I'm sure the PG hormones are making me more annoyed than I'd normally be)

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Fingers and bodily orifices...

Postby Annette » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:54 pm

Sorry no suggestions Steph. Charlotte is similarly obsessed with orifices but she seems to also be obsessed with removing her clothes too - has spent most of the weekend naked, sensible to keep cool I suppose but then a struggle to go anywhere. Charlotte today liked sitting on the balls from her ball pool so that they got stuck up her bottom, so it isn't just fingers with her! I try to just ignore it.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:43 pm

When I pick her up from nursery they keep telling me what a challenge it has been to keep her clothes on her (especially pants apparently they turn round and all they see is this naked little bottom!! Whoops...) but likewise I do think that's the hot weather really...
And shoes don't stay on once she's inside... Thankfully she seems to understand that if she's on her feet outside they stay on or she goes inside - similar to hats...

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:48 pm

:hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: But we have the same problem here (well thankfully not the bottom yet, but nose is a firm favourite).

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:15 pm

You should see what Zach can do with his willy :roll: :roll: :roll: :shock: :shock: :shock: :hohoho:

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:02 pm

Neither of the girls have really been that interested - Thank GOD, but of course now I've said it they'll start!

My avatar
Claire
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Claire » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:46 am

:hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: My girls went through a phase of this too. Probably when they first started wearing knickers. They liked to sit watching tv with their hands down their pants :shock: :shock: :shock: The novelty seemed to wear off though....after about 6 months or so. I'm sure it will pass.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:47 am

jules070603 wrote:You should see what Zach can do with his willy :roll: :roll: :roll: :shock: :shock: :shock: :hohoho:

Oh yes I am waiting for that one!

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:08 am

Evie has started to pull and poke down there now too, must be something all toddlers like to do, the boys used to stretch their willies all the time when they were first out of nappies. Hope she outgrows it soon.

Sadie xx

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler