hf1

Did/Do/Will you use 18-36 month sleeping bags for Lo's?

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Did/Do/Will you use 18-36 month sleeping bags for Lo's?

Postby northernruth » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:33 pm

tiyuricc wrote:went for the ugly ones as they were cheaper. it's only bedwear afterall.

:hohoho: that's so cool

My avatar
doobykat
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby doobykat » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:34 pm

I've not long bought some for Erin. She'd just about grown out of her 6-18 month ones and I figured there was no point in buying her any summer ones in that size as they'd only last this summer.
Amazon do some of the Gro-Bags quite cheaply and if you're lucky, you can catch them in the sale at Kiddicare for very reasonable prices too :thumbsup:

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:38 pm

When I was pregnant I got two 0-6 months from The white company.
It went cheaper from there :giggle: Two from freecycle one was a grobag one!!The other I made friends with the lady who I collected it from :hohoho: :hohoho: , Love freecycle!!
Then I got two together on ebay for 99p . But looking now they are all going for a lot more!
Anyone who has any they would like to sell/ borrow pls pm me. :giggle: Thanks ladies! :hug: :hug: :hug: :wine:

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:41 pm

We did up until about 6 months ago (and still very occasionally do if it's very cold). That's mostly because with Rhys' boots, he often kicks off his blankets in the night and then sometimes can't get into a position to correct them again.
Had he not had the boots we probably wouldn't have done though tbh. Rhys often had blanket/duvet as well as his sleeping bag, as he likes to be warm, so he was used to duvets quite early.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:42 pm

Jake has an 18-36 month one on right now. We never used that size with Bella as she wanted a duvet by that stage and she never really outgrew her 6-18 month ones (even at 2 yrs+). We will continue to use them for a while with Jake.

My avatar
Asta
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Asta » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:42 pm

I'm selling an 18-36m bagpuss grobag if you're still looking!

We've used 18-36m dreambags since she was 6 months old as they fold up at the bottom so are the same size as the 6-12m ones! (Dreambag told me that I don't have one to compare) I've just this week swapped her to a duvet but she isn't settling so well, we'll give her a few more days but will swap her back if she remains unsettled.

My avatar
50ftQueenie
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby 50ftQueenie » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:51 pm

scarlet wrote:We have always used sleeping bags with dd but she has gown out of her current one's so needs 18-36months now. We have discussed starting to use her duvet but she still wriggles too much. They sleeping bags seem to be so expensive ( for the nice one's) found a really cute one from John Lewis but its £30 :shock: .
Just wondering if other's used them or go straight to a duvet?

I DEFINITELY have some 18-36 proper GroBag ones. :wink:

We used them until Martha night trained. Then it seemed a bit silly as she couldn't get up and use the potty if she was in a sleeping bag.

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:51 pm

Rufus is now in that size (he's long!) & we buy the JL ones, he sleeps so much better in them than with a duvet/blanket over him, he wiggles so much that he wakes up & cries he's cold otherwise - we have this on occasion as I only have 1 in that size atm so if it's been washed & not yet dry he goes under his duvet, but 9/10 times he'll have a disturbed night. They are massively long so hoping they'll last a good while until he can pull the duvet back over himself!

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:03 pm

Nope, G was in a bed by 14 months and I don't like them being used when they can get up and walk, also we have just plain never needed them, they just pull the covers over themselves if they need them x

PreviousNext

Return to Baby and Toddler