hf1

Advice please for a fussy eater going away

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Advice please for a fussy eater going away

Postby monsterm » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:34 am

Amelie is an extremely fussy eater & always has been. She will normally eat a breakfast but other than that she won't eat much during the day really. She is growing well & is able to let me know when she is hungry so I haven't been really making an issue of it.

We are going away next week. We will be staying in a hotel for a few days, camping for the rest. The camping side is fine because I will be cooking but I'm really worried about going to the hotel. She is incredibly suspicious of food. There are some foods she is more inclined to eat than others but I could never guarantee that she will eat anything. We have been out to resturants in the past & ordered something like pasta which she will normally eat & she wouldn't touch it. I'm worried that she won't eat a thing for the 3 nights we are staying in the hotel. Do you think that she will eat when she is hungry & not worry too much about it? Or is there something that I can do to encourage her to eat?

Thanks

My avatar
ImisMummy
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Advice please for a fussy eater going away

Postby ImisMummy » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:05 pm

:hug: Imi is curently going through a stage of only wanting breakfast and bananas :doh:

I just dont put too much pressure on her eating, if she is really hungry she will eventually eat something.

You never know, your LO might decide to be good in the hotel and eat everything! :giggle:

My avatar
Cadiva
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Advice please for a fussy eater going away

Postby Cadiva » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:39 pm

We've always found hotels are really accommodating with doing food for small children. We recently stayed away overnight (involving two evening meals as well as breakfast) and they were fine with fiddling with their set menu things - he had proper fish made into goujons with chips and peas and they did him scramble egg for breakfast etc.

Return to Baby and Toddler