hf1

Question for those with 2 (or more) children

My avatar
Mungo
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Question for those with 2 (or more) children

Postby Mungo » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:39 am

My lovely DS is almost a year old and I already know I'd love another one, hopefully by the time he's 3. My DP would like another too, but is worried that it will mean we never get any time for ourselves and each other. At the moment because there's only one LO and two of us, one of us can always look after him while the other has some "me time" but how does that work when you have more than one? Or doesn't it?! :lookround:

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Question for those with 2 (or more) children

Postby angiepangie2809 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:07 pm

Me time....what's that? Lol :-)

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:10 pm

One parent can look after more than one whilst the other parent has 'me time', how do you think SAHMs manage!?

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nappynutter » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:21 pm

We run a business, have 6 children and home educate with plenty of time for everything. :D

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:29 pm

I have 2, and to be honest I hardly get any me time at all but that's probably largely due to the fact that DS is breastfed and has suddenly decided he doesn't even like bottles of EBM anymore, only booby is good enough for him :giggle: so I can never really go very far! The early weeks/months with a newborn and a toddler are very intense and tiring but it is worth it. What you have to remember is they don't stay tiny for long (Jake is already nothing like a tiny helpless little newborn that we brought home :( ) so just enjoy it :)

My avatar
Mungo
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Mungo » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:23 pm

nappynutter wrote:We run a business, have 6 children and home educate with plenty of time for everything. :D

OMG, I am useless, I only have one and can't even keep on top of the housework :giggle:

My avatar
VICKERSHOUSE
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby VICKERSHOUSE » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:34 pm

You learn how to make it work :giggle:
All situations and children are different, and i think as well it depends on how old you kids are, so you just learn to work with what you have :D

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:43 pm

Bear in mind that as the first gets older, they become less dependant and more willing to do things for themselves (or in our case, insistent :giggle: ).

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:22 pm

I dont have me time but then Im a single parent with two kids, 7 horses 4 dogs and a business....actually...I lie Im having me time right now whilst the youngest tries to empty the washing Ive just ironed all over the floor behind me and I do take a couple of hours in the evening to sit at the computer or read.
Of course Im also of the opinion that when you choose to have children you choose to devote a large part of your life to someone other than yourself and you have to 100% accept that you may not get any 'me' time for days, weeks or months but thats not actually a bad thing as you have filled your life with children you love, adore and would do anything for. If you dont feel you can cope without "me" time, dont have children/another child as its not fair to bring children into something and later resent them for the "me" time you missed out on.

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler