hf1

Shampoo, Conditioner and Body wash

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Shampoo, Conditioner and Body wash

Postby scarlet » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:12 pm

littlesez wrote:I use LUSH and greenbaby (hides from shadow)

So are they on the Johnsons list? We avoid Johnson's as well.

Thanks so much for all the replies off to have a look at ll the recommendations! :thumbsup:

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:14 pm

Hannahboo wrote:We have been using this range on Darcy for a couple of months now and find it is fab :wine:

Which range? :giggle:

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby clairelou88 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:22 pm

we use the naturebaby care products from boots, they do shampoo/ bubble bath /baby wash and there all very resonably priced ;0)

My avatar
maple3
Clothie
Clothie

Postby maple3 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:31 pm

Hi I swear by bert's bees baby wash and shampoo. Great for both my kids 2 and 5 . My 5 year has long hair and works a treat. Can pour in for bubbles, my girl very sensitive to bubble bath and this has been a great compromise. I love it and so easy, I pour in for bubble bath and can just dunk their heads back and wash hair all in one go. Hope this helps

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:11 pm

scarlet wrote:

Thanks so much for all the replies off to have a look at ll the recommendations! :thumbsup:

Why hide!? I use the odd Lush item, I'm choosy though, lots of their products still contain nasties (those that I avoid anyway, I don't claim to be perfect in avoiding all nasties, I can't remember them all!!), some are fine.
The biggies (for me anyway) are paraffins, petroleums, parabens and SLS. I then try to go for products with ingredients lists that I understand. If there's something that sounds dodgy (alcohols, etc) then I don't touch. Most of the time, if an ingredient sounds dodgy, but isn't, then it has an explanation in brackets afterwards - the iffy sounding name is usually the latin name or some such, when in reality is just a natural extract/oil/butter/something. If it sounds dodgy and is, then it won't have an explanation.

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:14 pm

We mostly use the Green People stuff, but also Earth Friendly Baby/Kids sometimes too.

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:20 pm

Burts Bees Shampoo & Wash (it's one bottle you can use for pretty much anything) if he's got particularly grubby I might squirt a little under the running water to use as bubble bath, but generally just leave it as plain water.

We also have a couple of bottles of the Northern Essences Foaming Wash ... which is lovely & gentle - we have Oatmeal, Milk & Honey and also Jellybeans. :mrgreen:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:13 am

ladybird wrote:
scarlet wrote:

Why hide!? I use the odd Lush item, I'm choosy though, lots of their products still contain nasties (those that I avoid anyway, I don't claim to be perfect in avoiding all nasties, I can't remember them all!!), some are fine.
The biggies (for me anyway) are paraffins, petroleums, parabens and SLS. I then try to go for products with ingredients lists that I understand. If there's something that sounds dodgy (alcohols, etc) then I don't touch. Most of the time, if an ingredient sounds dodgy, but isn't, then it has an explanation in brackets afterwards - the iffy sounding name is usually the latin name or some such, when in reality is just a natural extract/oil/butter/something. If it sounds dodgy and is, then it won't have an explanation.

aww i was only joking :hug: I thought you hated lush for some reason so just kidding, sorry xx

Ive never been able to use johnsons ect on izzy does anyone else not liek the smell of these things either? baby wipes are the worst bluerghh.

Greenpeopel stuff is another nice one :wink:

My avatar
baby_bufters
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby baby_bufters » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:34 am

Berts bees here too.

PreviousNext

Return to Baby and Toddler