hf1

Meals

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Meals

Postby ems101 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:12 am

I need some fairly quick/easy recipes for my sometimes fussy toddler. I feel the food i give her is a bit boring, and i stick with it becasue she eats it! She loves mash potatoe, so she has that with salmon or as shepherds pie. She loves baked beans, she eats egg in most forms, she likes curry and couscous or rice, risotto, pasta is hit and miss, she loves bread and a tub of houmous, but wont eat a housmous sandwich, she likes avo, but not tomato. She really stuggles to eat any raw veg, but would eat fruit until it came out of her ears! Weve made pizza a few times together, but its a bit of a long process (and messy)! i need some quick things that i can make after work or whilst half playing with her, or that i can make a load of and freeze. any ideas?

Wasnt sure if this should go in the food forum or toddler...

My avatar
Cadiva
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Meals

Postby Cadiva » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:48 pm

I do cheesy scrambled eggs, pasta with pesto and a bit of creme freshe or soured cream, spaghetti bolognaise, pizzas made on tortilla wraps (much quicker!), omelettes (hide the veggies!), risotto with sweetcorn, peas and ham, couscous with roasted veggies etc.

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:05 pm

On the veg front if she will eat home made tomato sauce you can hide a load of veggies in it. Will she eat carrot sticks? might be worth a try with the hoummous. I also chop up cauli really small and mix it in with rice, they can't see it and just spoon it in :oops:

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:25 pm

She'll eat cooked veg - i hide it chopped up small in everythign, but not raw. Even lightly steamed sweet veg like carrot, baby sweetcorn, peppers etc, she wont touch.

I might try the tortilla wrap pizza idea, that would be much quicker!

Return to Baby and Toddler