hf1

Any tips for dioralyte?

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Any tips for dioralyte?

Postby Woozle35 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:07 pm

We went to the doctors with Oscar and he has gastroenteritis. He was sick in bed lots last night. We have been given Dioralyte but Oscar wont drink it. Just wondered if anyone has any tips for giving it to toddlers.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Any tips for dioralyte?

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:08 pm

put it in juice, we did that with G in hospital, made it quite a strong solution and she took it via syringe :hug:

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Woozle35 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:10 pm

Kirstyh wrote:put it in juice, we did that with G in hospital, made it quite a strong solution and she took it via syringe :hug:

As in a glass of juice? I mixed it with 200ml of water, he tasted it shook his head and said no :giggle:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:16 pm

oh dear. Yeah we just used diluting blackcurrent juice, it isn't the nicest tasting stuff in the world

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Woozle35 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:22 pm

Kirstyh wrote:oh dear. Yeah we just used diluting blackcurrent juice, it isn't the nicest tasting stuff in the world

They have given us lemon and blackcurrant ones. Will try in some cordial. Thanks x

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Thankyou Moderators :)

Postby Allie » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:26 pm

We had the flavoured ones too but we still put it with juice and unfortunately had to syringe it in when Dex was poorly at Christmas. It was a 2 person job :( . Good luck :hug: :hug:

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Woozle35 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:35 pm

Allie wrote:We had the flavoured ones too but we still put it with juice and unfortunately had to syringe it in when Dex was poorly at Christmas. It was a 2 person job :( . Good luck :hug: :hug:

thanks x

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby girlinleeds » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:54 pm

I have a strange child that likes the taste of it but agree with the others try it in juice hope hes feeling better siin xx

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:02 pm

As above. Ocean has two sachets a day in the summer and glugs the stuff down (ick!), but diluting it is better than nothing.
Also be sure you haven't got the cloudy stuff. When Ocean was little we were given this weird version that was cloudy and looked as if it had bits floating around in it, that was really rank.

Return to Baby and Toddler