hf1

Pram Rage

My avatar
Lizw
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Pram Rage

Postby Lizw » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:22 pm

My little boy is nearly 8 months old and has developed pram rage anytime he is put in his pram. He arches his back and screams no matter what I try to do. This is the same if his seat his facing me or outwards and if it is reclined or upright. He always has things to play with and this makes no difference. Is this usual and does anyone have any advice. I hate to see him this worked up. As soon as he is picked up and carried he is charm personified!!! Any ideas lovely ladies??? Is it too late to try a sling? Help

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Pram Rage

Postby happytails » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:33 pm

Sling! Deffo not too late, we started with dd at 10 months

Do you have a slingmeet local to you? X

My avatar
Lizw
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Lizw » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:49 pm

I don't know - I haven't got the first clue about slings. We have a wilkinet and he liked that when he was smaller but I am not sure now. He has a baby back pack which he likes but I need a more everyday solution. We live in Bradford if anyone knows where there is a local sling meet :)
x

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:07 pm

Speak to davina (indigosky2k on here) she lives in Bradford and slings her 2 girlies :)

Have a look on naturalmamas.co.uk and slingmeet.co.uk for meets in your area :hug:

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:11 pm

that why i would rather sling my 2 year old as i just can't do the screaming and fighting to get him it to a pram

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:15 pm

defo sounds like a sling is the answer!

theres a sling meet in leeds if thats not too far away for you
http://wyslinglibrary.com/

or manchester have one www.slingingintherain.co.uk

My avatar
Lizw
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Lizw » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:18 pm

Thanks - that's really helpful :) Will def try to get in touch with people. Where in Manchester are you? I am from Salford originally :)

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:25 pm

Lizw wrote:Thanks - that's really helpful :) Will def try to get in touch with people. Where in Manchester are you? I am from Salford originally :)

I live in Withington, but hopefully moving to Urmston if the house buying goes through ok :cool:
I went to the manchester sling meet when eleanor was born because I was struggling with our mei tai and wanted to know more about wraps.
Best thing I ever did!
Hired a moby for a month or so - and have now bought a woven.
Take your little one along with you and you can try and few out - worth hiring one 1st to see how you go!

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:28 pm

I think most kids go through that phase, G went through a wee phase of doing that in her car seat, we just had to persevere and get her in, she is easliy reasoned with though x

Return to Baby and Toddler