hf1

This is not how i left him! (tummy sleeping)

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

This is not how i left him! (tummy sleeping)

Postby angiepangie2809 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:21 am

I always place max on his back or side feet to foot in his crib. I went in yesterday and found him like this ImageImage. Now its the 3rd time we've found him like this and Ethan did exactly the same thing around this age too. We are lucky that we have a mattress monitor that would sound an alarm if he stopped breathing so I trialed someting and have put his down to sleep on his belly myself this time (and he's been asleep for 3 hours!!!!!) I've been in to check on him a lot as he's in our bedroom on the middle floor next to the living room so I am close by and he's sparko so what to do? Do I put him to sleep on his belly on purpose knowing its not meant to be safe or do I keep putting him on his back? Ps he seems to wriggle up to the top of the crib when he's on his belly too as he is always placed at the bottom!

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: This is not how i left him! (tummy sleeping)

Postby red_dwarf » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:27 am

I was always told that once they can roll over into the position that they want to be in then dont worry about him being on his tum :wink: I always put Oliver on his tum for naps as he sleeps really badly on his back during the day for some reason.

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:33 am

xxx
Last edited by tiyuricc on Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:34 am

from the secon day i had ryan home i put him on his front as he would not sleep on his back and he slep for 2 hour and when the midwife came and asked how he was sleeping and saw him on his front and ask why and i tld her that he slept better she said that was fine just keep cheaking on him and he always sleeps on his front like me and his dad.

i'm glad he's sleeping for you now

My avatar
teganplus2
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby teganplus2 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:17 pm

Don't particularly have anything constructive to say just wanted to comment as he is a super cutie :love:

Jax rolls onto his front constantly, I swaddle him at night so he can't as he is still cot sharing with Ava-Mai and don't want him suffocating her!!

xx

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:13 pm

Aww how snuggly and comfy does he look.

Kieran and Anna both hated sleeping on their backs so from pretty much the word go they were on their fronts. My Mum used to have me sleeping on my back in my pram and she would turn around and I had been put on my front by random people :shock: :giggle:

Gracie didn't care how she slept, she just slept.

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:16 pm

From very early on Isaac used to manage to get on his side or tummy so we just left him. I would not worry about it, you know his crib is safe with no lose objects or cords so I'd leave him be hun.

He looks totally adorable and comfy too :D

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:20 pm

Gosh he can roll over :O He is SOOOOO gorgeous sucking his thumb!!!!! I would leave him as he is. Im sure 90% of us slept on our tummies as babies :)

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:22 pm

Aww lovely pics. Mia sleeps better on her side or front too. As long as they have good head control then its fine.

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler